cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CSMG
Level 2

Purchase Order Fulfillment Worksheet/Advanced Inventory

Good day, we were hoping that the barcoding portion of QB would allow us to receive items from purchase orders via a scanner.  I have contacted QB support 2 times and unfortunately, they are clueless.  Basic scenario: Create PO, Order, Warehouse receives a shipment, scan item, enter quantity, product receipt created, product entered into inventory. 

However, this apparently is not a function of QB. 

I turned on the Purchase Order Management Worksheet and noticed there was a field for notes. I was trying to find out where a person could enter notes about that PO but QB support did not know either.  Wished me good luck.  

What is the benefit of using the Purchase Order Fulfillment Worksheet versus item receipt screen.  Does anyone have a more robust set of instructions of how to use this feature?

Thanks for anyone for support.

5 Comments 5
HoneyLynn_G
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @CSMG.

Thank you for choosing QuickBooks as your accounting tool. I can help you utilize the Purchase Order Fulfillment Worksheet and Advanced Inventory features.

Great news! You can receive items from purchase orders via a scanner. Aside from turning on the Purchase Order Management Worksheet, you also have to set up and use the Warehouse Manager App.

It'll help you efficiently receive items from purchase orders, receive the shipment on the warehouse, scan items and update the quantity and your inventory.

You'll start by setting up the Warehouse Manager App. Once done, pair the device to your company file:

1. Click Edit.
  2. Choose Preferences.
  3. Select the Items & Inventory menu.
  4. Go to the Company Preferences tab.
  5. Select Advanced Inventory Settings.
  6. On the Site Operations tab, select Add.
  7. QuickBooks gives you a passcode. On your mobile device, launch the scanner/app and enter the passcode.
  8. Approve the link request to connect the device.

To start using the scanner, you have to set up and add warehouse users (pickers). For in-depth information and detailed instruction, please refer to the articles below:

I hope this response finds you with a smile, CSMG. Let me know if you have additional questions. I'm still here to help you more. Just leave a comment below. Wishing you and your business continued success!

jfriedmanmcc
Level 1

I am having issues with the warehouse manager app. It is properly linked, however no pickers appear in the app. When selecting Vendor Type of Warehouse User I needed to add it as it was not listed. Is Warehouse User a standard selection or would it need to be added to the Vendor Type list?
JonpriL

Hi there, @jfriedmanmcc!

You'll have to manually enable a user's roles and access rights for your warehouse manager. I'm here to help you accomplish this.

1. Go to Company.
  2. Select Users.
  3. Click Set up Users and Roles.
  4. Under Role List, select a user.
  5. Hit Edit.
  6. From the Areas and Activities menu, select Vendor Center.
  7. For Activity Access Level menu, check View Balance.

Once done, you can go back and open your Vendors Center and select the Warehouse User as a type of your Vendor who's also a Picker.

In addition, here's a screenshot for your visual reference and an article you can read to learn more about Warehouse Manager: Set Up and Use Warehouse Manager App.

Capture01.PNG

Lastly, you can also visit our Help Articles page for QuickBooks Desktop if in case you need some tips and related articles for future use.

As always, you can leave a comment below or start a new thread if you have any other concerns. I'll be keeping an eye for your response.

jfriedmanmcc
Level 1

I do not feel my question was answered. Is the “Warehouse User” selection under Vendor Type standard? Do I need to manually enter it?

When I completed all of the steps you listed I needed to add “Warehouse User” as a Vendor Type. It did not just appear. 

Mark_R
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for getting back to us, @jfriedmanmcc.

The Warehouse User is a standard selection under Vendor Type and you don't need to enter it manually. You'll need to enable the Worksheet feature first to have this option. Let me guide you how.

1. Go to the Edit menu.
  2. Select Preferences.
  3. Choose Items and Inventory, then go to the Company Preferences tab.
  4. Click Advanced Inventory Settings.
  5. On the Site Operations tab, check the boxes beside Enable Sales Order fulfillment Worksheet and Enable Purchase Order Management Worksheet.
  6. Click OK.
  7. Hit OK again in the Preferences window.

Once done, you have now the option to select Warehouse User as a vendor type.

If you still don't have the option to select Warehouse User, I suggest contacting our Technical Support Team. They have the tools to further investigate this matter and get this working for you. 

To reach them: 

1. Go to the Help menu.
  2. Select QuickBooks Desktop Help.
  3. In the Have a Question window, click Contact us at the bottom portion of the screen.
  4. Click Search for something else.
  5. Type in a keyword about your concern.
  6. Hit Search.
  7. Click on Start a Message.

You can check out this article for your reference: Contact the QuickBooks Desktop Customer Support Team

In case you need tips and related articles in the future, visit our QuickBooks Community help website for reference: QBDT Self-help

Please know that you can always get back into this post if you have more questions. I'll keep an eye out on your response.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us