cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KD12
Level 3

QB Desktop- Open new windows as tabs?

Me again,

When having the "Home Page" open on Desktop premier, I see a "Home Page" tab, and an "Insights" tab.

When clicking on "Invoice" or "Employees", QB opens a new window on TOP of my "Home Page".

Is there any way to make these new windows open as a new tab alongside "Home Page"?

It would make multitasking on QB Desktop a million times easier. Multi-Window mode is too cumbersome to be moving around and resizing windows constantly, and single window mode just keeps adding window, on top of window, on top of window.

Any help would be great!

Thanks.

Solved
Best answer April 12, 2019

Best Answers
Adrian_A

Hello there, KD12.

The option to open a new window and add it as a new tab is unavailable. I will personally send feedback to our engineering team about this one. 

However, you have the option to disable multi-window mode.

Here's how:

1. Go to the Edit menu, then select Preferences.
  2. Choose Desktop View on the left panel.
  3. On the Preferences window, select One Window.
  4. Then, OK.

I'll be around if you need further help with your QuickBooks program. Have a good day!

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Adrian_A

Hello there, KD12.

The option to open a new window and add it as a new tab is unavailable. I will personally send feedback to our engineering team about this one. 

However, you have the option to disable multi-window mode.

Here's how:

1. Go to the Edit menu, then select Preferences.
  2. Choose Desktop View on the left panel.
  3. On the Preferences window, select One Window.
  4. Then, OK.

I'll be around if you need further help with your QuickBooks program. Have a good day!

KD12
Level 3

Thanks a lot! Hopefully this is something that could be added to both the Mac and Desktop versions. Seems like most of the capability is already there, and it would be a HUGE improvement to work flow.

Kristine Mae

Hello there, KD12.

We're striving to improve QuickBooks. With your feedback, it will help us know what our customer wants.

I will also help you pass along this feature to our management team so they can submit this to our engineering department. They will review all feedback and it might be added on our future updates.

If you have other concerns, you're always welcome to post anytime. 

Sam 12701
Level 2

Hi there, I would love to hear if there are any updates on this issue.

I'm desperate for the multi window potion too. like no reason really that shouldn't be there. everyone has it & its almost impossible to really get things done without this.

maybe there is the option out there already I'm just missing it.

help me out with this one please.

Thanks! :) 

AileneA
QuickBooks Team

Hello, Sam 12701. 

Welcome to the Community. As of this moment, we don't have a timeframe as to when this be implemented. I know the importance of having this kind of feature. I'll make sure to tap this into our developer's team. Though, our developer's team is working hard to add a new feature to the best interest of our customers.   

You may want to consider visiting our QuickBooks Blog. From there, you can see the future developments and the latest news about QuickBooks and what our Product Care Team is working on.     

If you have additional assistance while managing your QuickBooks account, let me know. I'll be around to provide further assistance. Have a nice day.

Sam 12701
Level 2

alright can't wait till this is solved. I switched to Intuit POS from my previous POS system because of a lot of simple features missing there, over here things are definitely more advanced thats why i was wondering why this multiple tab feature isn't here.

anyway thanks for the reply! can't wait for an update on this one.. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us