cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
french44
Level 2

QB Desktop Pro 2016 user cannot print 1099

I have a user that when she tries to print 1099s nothing happens, regardless if she prints or previews.  If I log her out and log in as another user on the same PC everything works fine.  Both users have the same administrative rights.  I've tried a repair and a reinstall of QuickBooks but that didn't help.  I thought it could be a print driver issue so I removed the installed printers, but no luck.  Any thoughts on how to fix?  Thanks

Solved
Best answer January 21, 2019

Best Answers
Rustler
Level 15

@french44 wrote:

I have a user that when she tries to print 1099s nothing happens, regardless if she prints or previews.  If I log her out and log in as another user on the same PC everything works fine.  Both users have the same administrative rights.  I've tried a repair and a reinstall of QuickBooks but that didn't help.  I thought it could be a print driver issue so I removed the installed printers, but no luck.  Any thoughts on how to fix?  Thanks

I have no idea if this will work or not, close QB, then right click on the QB icon and select run as admin, then log her in and see if you can print

that selection is a windows admin, rather than a QB admin

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
french44
Level 2

To add to this; if she goes to File > Printer Setup > Form Name: 1099s/1096  and try to change the printer to anything other than what it is defaulted to, QuickBooks will crash.

Rustler
Level 15

@french44 wrote:

I have no idea if this will work or not, close QB, then right click on the QB icon and select run as admin, then log her in and see if you can print

that selection is a windows admin, rather than a QB admin

french44
Level 2

Just tried running the application as adminstrator and that fixed her issue.  I just set it up to run "as administrator" by default so hopefully she won't have any more issues with it printing.  Thanks for the quick help. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us