cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Explorer **
Solved

QB Mac 2019- Auto extract data from invoices?

Hi,

Is it possible to upload a PDF or a .jpg of a vendor invoice, and have QB Mac auto-extract the information?

I've seen it mentioned a few times around the forum, but not anything concrete.

Thanks,

Best answer 4 weeks ago

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: QB Mac 2019- Auto extract data from invoices?

Hello there, @KD12.

Currently, there isn't a way for QuickBooks to auto-extract the data from your vendor invoices. Let me provide you with a few workarounds you can consider.

In QuickBooks, all transactions need to be entered manually. There isn't an option to upload a PDF or .jpg file of your vendor invoice.

As a workaround, you can look for a third-party application that can auto-extract your transaction details. Or you can manually enter your transactions in QuickBooks.

To enter the vendor invoice manually, you may follow these steps:

1. Click on Vendors from the menu bar.
  2. Choose Enter bills.
  3. Enter the vendor name and other necessary information.
  4. Click on Save & Close.

Please click on the Reply button if you have any other concerns. I'll only be a post away.

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: QB Mac 2019- Auto extract data from invoices?

Hello there, @KD12.

Currently, there isn't a way for QuickBooks to auto-extract the data from your vendor invoices. Let me provide you with a few workarounds you can consider.

In QuickBooks, all transactions need to be entered manually. There isn't an option to upload a PDF or .jpg file of your vendor invoice.

As a workaround, you can look for a third-party application that can auto-extract your transaction details. Or you can manually enter your transactions in QuickBooks.

To enter the vendor invoice manually, you may follow these steps:

1. Click on Vendors from the menu bar.
  2. Choose Enter bills.
  3. Enter the vendor name and other necessary information.
  4. Click on Save & Close.

Please click on the Reply button if you have any other concerns. I'll only be a post away.