cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

QB POS 2018 update v8 won't allow addons

It was recently suggested from support that we install update v8. This update will not allow any add-ons to be used with the software. As such, our entire operation has ground to a halt. We cannot process any orders.

I would appreciate a quick response to this message as well as a quick resolution.

Thank you!

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: QB POS 2018 update v8 won't allow addons

Hi there, marjmeds.

It's possible there's a damaged data in QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale (POS) preventing you from processing any orders. To fix this, you can repair QuickBooks POS to resolve any unusual behavior while using the software.

Before repairing it, let's ensure you have created a backup of your data file and QuickBooks is not running.

Here' how to repair QuickBooks POS:

1. On your keyboard, press Windows + E to open the Computer window. For Windows 10, 8.1 and 8, click the Computer tab.
  2. Click Uninstall or change a program. In some version of Windows, it will show as Repair.
  3. Select your version of QuickBooks Desktop POS and click Uninstall/Change.
  4. In the Point of Sale Installation window, click Next and select the Repair radio button.
  5. Click Next again and click Repair.
  6. Click Finish.

If the same thing happens, you'll need to perform a clean install. Cases like this, it would be best to contact our POS Technical Support. They'll further assist you with uninstalling and reinstalling the software. They'll also help you process the orders you need in your company.

Just click this link to route you over to our POS Support Team: Which Payments product do you need help with?.

Feel free to visit the Community if you need anything else.

Experienced Member

I already contacted support after a clean install and they stated that I need to update to v8. Now my addons aren’t recognized

QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @marjmeds.

Allow me to chime in and provide you with additional information to ensure your QuickBooks Desktop POS add-ons working as it was before.

Are you perhaps referring to QB POS 2018 update V18? On the other hand, may I ask what specific add-ons are you having  a problem with?

To boost the features of QuickBooks Desktop POS, add-ons should be compatible with it and are updated to its latest version. I'd recommend checking on each add-ons you have and verify its compatibility with QuickBooks POS latest release

In the meantime, when downloading and installing updates for multiple POS workstations, the Server is always the computer to which the updates are applied first.  Once completed, restart the computer to ensure all components are updated. You can now proceed with installing the update to your QuickBooks Point-of-sale workstations. For additional insights, you may check out this article: Update Point of Sale to the latest release.

Please don't hesitate to visit us here in the Community if you have other questions about managing QuickBooks Desktop POS add-ons. I'm always here to help.