cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markg22b
Level 2

QB printing 8 copies of anything everytime--can't just print 1?!

Initially, we found that print setup, advanced was showing 8 copies--no idea why. We changed the value to 1. QB is still printing 8 copies.

Setup was reverting back to 8 after the print job requiring a reset before each printing.

I'm not sure if print setup is still reverting to 8 physically on the setup page but the program is printing 8 copies regardless.

Suggestion?

Solved
Best answer February 10, 2019

Best Answers
SophiaAnnL

Good job with changing the setting to print one copy only, markg22b.

The PDF Repair Tool helps fix printing issues in QuickBooks. Since you've adjusted your settings correctly and still got the same result, I've got three solutions for you:

• Install and run the Print & PDF Repair Tool
  • Check if the reconcile window is showing off the screen
  • Test, reinstall, and adjust permissions for XPS Document Writer

If the first solution doesn't work, you can proceed to the next ones to fix the issue. Here's an article for the detailed steps: Troubleshoot PDF and Print problems with QuickBooks Desktop.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
SophiaAnnL

Good job with changing the setting to print one copy only, markg22b.

The PDF Repair Tool helps fix printing issues in QuickBooks. Since you've adjusted your settings correctly and still got the same result, I've got three solutions for you:

• Install and run the Print & PDF Repair Tool
  • Check if the reconcile window is showing off the screen
  • Test, reinstall, and adjust permissions for XPS Document Writer

If the first solution doesn't work, you can proceed to the next ones to fix the issue. Here's an article for the detailed steps: Troubleshoot PDF and Print problems with QuickBooks Desktop.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

markg22b
Level 2

Thanks for the quick response. My wife's in the middle of a deadline so it may be several days before we can run through the diagnostics.

Mark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello markg22b,

Thanks for the follow up.

Just like the recommended solution given by my colleague. One of the faster way to fix the printing issue is by downloading and running the QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool. It'll take about more or less 5 mins to run the tool. Once done, go ahead and print the documents again.

Let us know if you have any questions. We'll be right here to help. 

markg22b
Level 2

The repair tool you suggested and I downloaded and ran did resolve the printing problem.

Thanks,

Mark

IamjuViel
QuickBooks Team

That's what we love to hear, @markg22b.

Managing a business is busy enough. Our goal is to make it faster and easier for business owners to navigate around QuickBooks, so we're happy that our program is doing that for you. 

By the way, if there are any program features you haven't tried yet, these articles will come in handy: QuickBooks Desktop Help Articles.

Always feel free to visit the Community page if you have other concerns in printing your forms in QuickBooks Desktop. I'm always here to help.

markg22b
Level 2

Turns out the QB's fix routine didn't work after all. The apparent success was a function of intermittency.

And the reason the fix didn't fix was because the problem was not with QB but the OS.

The culprit was bidirectional printing being selected in the Ports tab of Printer Properties for both HP printers.

The clue to this was when I was working on her machine with your suggestions, the multiple page print problem was occurring with other programs. The problem had to be the OS.

Since you all have been so patient and helpful, my experience may be useful to someone else.

Mark

Charies_M

Hello there, markg22b.

I appreciate you for sharing the steps you’ve used to resolve this printing issue. This will definitely help a lot of customers who are also having the same issue as you do.

Please know that the Community is a one stop shop for help about QuickBooks Desktop. Feel free to post anytime if you have questions or want to share your best practices using the product. You have a wonderful day ahead.

DBrownCV
Level 1

All my reports are printing in duplicate even though the print preview shows single pages.  I ran the QB print repair as suggested but its still printing 2 copies of every report.

DBrownCV
Level 1

I went through the print options of the report and all looked fine, downloaded and ran the QB print repair and still it would print 2 copies of every report.  I finally left the report screen and went under file and then printer setup and finally found where it had 2 copies entered.  Have no idea how that got changed but changed it back to 1 and I am good to go.  Just fyi.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us