cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MOAB1234
Level 2

QBO windows no longer scale independently between monitors (of different resolutions)

I am perturbed by the fact that when opening a received payment, the amount field to fill in is cut-off on my smaller screen. Previously, BOTH screens scaled just fine. Now, my smaller screen with the smaller resolution is not scaling properly at all. My only solution is to zoom out and now everything is way too small.

Please help.

1 Comment 1
BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

QBO windows no longer scale independently between monitors (of different resolutions)

Hi there, @MOAB1234.

Glad to have you in the Community today. I can help you get the past with the display issue on your QuickBooks Online.

When customer's encounters unexpected behavior in QuickBooks, it's recommended to try switching to another browser. This is to test if the issue is browser related. 

Here are the different keyboard shortcuts to open a private browser:

• Google Chrome: press Ctrl + Shift + N
  • Mozilla Firefox: press Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Internet Explorer: press Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Safari: press Command + Shift + N

If it works fine, you can go back to your regular browser and clear its cache. Please follow the outlined steps in this article depending on the browser you're using: How do I clear my browser cache and temporary Internet files?

However, if the issue persists, you can check your computer's display settings if it's correct. This should be set up like this:

• Screen resolution set to 1024x768 or higher
  • Dots-per-inch (DPI) set to "Normal" or "100%"Note: We recommend that you maximize the browser window for working in QuickBooks Online, particularly if your resolution is 1024x768.

For more details about this process, please refer to this article: Unable to see the entire page in QuickBooks Online. 

If you need additional assistance with this matter, feel free to reach out to our Customer Care Team. They have extra tools like screen-sharing that will help you isolate the issue.

To do that:

1. Visit this link: QuickBooks Online Support.
  2. Select answers for the two prompts.
  3. Click Get Phone Number.

I'm just a reply a way if you have any questions about these steps or QuickBooks. Wishing you and your business continued success.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us