cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepakr
Level 1

QuickBooks Desktop registration and activation

I got my machine reinstalled for QuickBooks desktop Pro 2017. While registration and activation did not finish. Refer enclosed error snap.

Please support.

3 Comments 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello deepakr,

An incorrect file setting or a damaged file may give you an error when installing QuickBooks Desktop. Let's perform the following troubleshooting steps in the order shown to resolve the issue.

Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool 

1. Select Ignore on the error message and let the installation complete. DO NOT open QuickBooks Desktop.
  2. Restart your computer.
  3. If the installation did not complete, download and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
  4. Reboot your computer.
  5. If running the tool did not resolve the issue, activate the built-in Administrator and install QuickBooks under the built in administrator account.

You can find more solutions in this article to fix installation issues: Failed to register when installing QuickBooks.

You're always welcome to post some more. Thanks! 

milesjp57080
Level 1

I followed all these steps and persisted for 4 days trying to install the desktop product. However, I had to return the product in the end. My experience with support staff was phenomenal, but they didn't escalate the issue to a higher tier support person. The resulting conversations nearly always pointed to it's windows that isn't allowing the net registration of the product. There are too many complex dot net framework issues that are unresolved. Stick with QuickBooks online the desktop version is too much trouble to install as of writing this.

JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

Hi, @milesjp57080.

This isn't the kind of service we want you to experienced. QuickBooks Desktop may take time to install it successfully due to several requirements you need to pass before you can run QuickBooks.

I'm glad that you're now using QuickBooks Online version which you can continue to process your transactions in QuickBooks. 

I want you to know that your voice matters, and I'll make sure to take note of your feedback. Please know that you're always welcome to post here in the QuickBooks Community if you have any questions about your QuickBooks Online service. We're always here to help you out. 

Wishing you and you business continued success. Have a good day ahead. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us