cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

QuickBooks Pro 2019 Desktop for Windows crashes when I select "Restore a Backup."

I just installed QuickBooks Pro 2019 for Windows. I haven't been able to restore my back up file. The software crashes when I select "Restore a Backup or Open a Company File." I never even get to select my company file or backup. I also created a portable file and tried that, but the software still crashes. I tried repairing the install which didn't work. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled and it didn't work either. 

2 Comments
Established Community Backer ***

Re: QuickBooks Pro 2019 Desktop for Windows crashes when I select "Restore a Backup."

When installing QB I always select the option to install the sample data files. Then I first open the sample company, and do the first round of updating QB from there. I don't touch my actual company data file until i'm happy that the installation and workstation networking is all working right. Give that a try ...
Experienced Member

Re: QuickBooks Pro 2019 Desktop for Windows crashes when I select "Restore a Backup."

Thanks for your help. It ended up being a myriad of problems beginning with the fact that I was using Parallels for Windows on a Mac. I ended up having to wipe my Windows side, remove Parallels and revert back to BootCamp, reinstall Windows etc, including QuickBooks. There forward I didn't have anymore problems. All of this during the week before tax deadlines!