cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Established Member

Quickbooks Desktop Pro 2016 crashes when emailing invoices or statements

Running Windows 10 and Quickbooks Pro 2016.

Quickbooks now crashes every single time when I try to email an invoice or statement, showing an "unrecoverable error" message.

It also crashes with the same error when I select "Send Forms" under Edit menu and Preferences.

I've tried every Intuit repair app that is on the site and have done a clean reinstall.

Quickbooks and WIndows updates are complete and up to date.

This is an extremely frustrating and core issue.

Please - any suggestions?

Chris

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Quickbooks Desktop Pro 2016 crashes when emailing invoices or statements

Hi there, Chris.

Aside from what you've already tried, I have a few more troubleshooting steps to recommend. You can start by downloading and running the QuickBooks File Doctor.

Running reboot.bat re-registers the QuickBooks related .DLL and .OCX files which can help address unrecoverable errors.

In case the unrecoverable error is caused by a data damage, perform the basic data damage troubleshooting steps. 

You can also contact our Technical Support Team should the error still persists after completing all the steps. They can read your log files to double-check what's causing the issue. Here's how:

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Select QuickBooks Desktop, then click Pro or Premier.
  3. Click Solving Issues and Error Messages, and then select Common Errors.
  4. Click Get Phone Number.

Visit us again in the Community if you have other questions. We're always here to help. 

Established Member

Hi, 

I had tried all those suggestions.

I have resolved this issue - it turns out that my Microsoft Outlook installation was corrupt. I don't even use Microsoft Outlook but apparently Quickbooks shares some .dll files with Outlook.

If you are having this issue - try opening Microsoft Outlook and see if you get the error "The application can't start because AppVIsvSubsystems32.dll is missing from your computer."

If you're having this issues - I fixed it by doing an "Online Repair" of Microsoft Office as outlined on this page: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/error-the-application-can-t-start-because-appvisvsubsystems...

Thanks all,

Chris

Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Hi again, Chris. 

I'm glad to hear that you're able to email your invoices and statements to your customers. Also, thanks for sharing the steps that resolved the issue.

Don't hesitate to drop by the Community again if you have other questions. See you around.