cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

Quickbooks Desktop for MAC - No Direct Connect Option

Hello, 

This question is relating specifically to the MAC Version. Quickbooks support- please read the question properly this time, you keep answering for PC Smiley Happy

I am not given the option to use Direct Connect for any of my credit cards using Quickbooks Desktop for MAC 2019 - Trial. 

1. Is there not a way to sign into intuit with Quickbooks Desktop for MAC? This seems to be the method to enable Desktop for PC- but I can't follow the steps on MAC as there's no option to login to intuit at least on the trial. 

2. Is there another way to have the option to enable direct connect on MAC Desktop 2019 for Capital one?

Quickbooks support- I am not looking for insturctions for the PC version, I am looking specifically for MAC only. As you can see, when I try to set up online banking- I have to download a statement (OFX) and that's NOT what I am looking for. I am looking for Direct Connect only. 

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 5.27.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-24 at 5.27.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-24 at 5.27.41 PM.png 

4 Comments
Established Community Backer ***

Re: Quickbooks Desktop for MAC - No Direct Connect Option

QB will not show a connection option that is not supported. You have confirmed with your bank that they support QB Mac Desktop?

Established Member

They support Capital One Direct Connect  Quicken PC 2017, and Quickbooks Online, and Quickbook Desktop 2018/2019. 

It just appears that they don’t support MAC Desktop, but I can’t tell if that's because I am using a trial and not logging into intuit.  I thought if they support PC they would support MAC too for online banking? Is that not the case? It keeps asking for "Administrator" password, and not asking to login to my intuit account- like what QBO and QB Desktop PC do. 

Established Community Backer ***

The trial version works the same as the retail version for 30 days. If Direct Connect was supported by Capitol One on QB Mac you would have been presented with both options in the online banking setup.

Established Community Backer *

It is likely that Capital One does not support Direct Connect.  QuickBooks Windows and QuickBooks Online have a third option, which the Mac does not have, called Express Web Connect. Its likely that is what you are seeing used in the other products.

As far as I know the Direct and Web Connect options are the same for QuickBooks Windows and QuickBooks Mac.