cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Quickbooks Desktop for MAC and Connecting to Capital One and inTuit sign-in

Hello, 

I am trying to setup my Capital One Credit Card account via Online services, but it is only giving me the Web-Connect option instead of the automatic connection that I am used to. 

1. Does Quickbooks Desktop MAC 2019 support Direct Connect for Banks? I don't seem to have this issue on my PC version, however the PC version is requiring me to log in to my intuit account. 

2. If I do need to sign in with my intuit account to use direct connect- does the MAC version support intuit sign in? I am using a Demo and I don't seem to have the option to sign in to intuit for my Capital One Card online connection (other than manual download of OFX files, which I don't want to do)

Thanks so much!

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Quickbooks Desktop for MAC and Connecting to Capital One and inTuit sign-in

Good day, @AlanR1999.

Thank you for posting in the Community. I'm here to help share some information about setting up your Capital One account to Desktop Mac via direct connect.

You can use the Online Banking feature to connect to your financial institution via direct connect. This method requires the use of a bank-provided PIN or password. After setting up the account, you can securely download electronic statements into your QuickBooks. 

Let me route you to this article for more details: Set up and use Online Banking (Mac).

If you need further help in setting up your account for direct connect, you can always contact our Desktop Care Support for Mac. Here's how you can reach them:

1. Go to https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Select QuickBooks Mac Desktop.
  3. Choose a topic and click the Get Phone Number tab at the bottom.

This should help get you on the right track. 

Please let me know if you have other questions about connecting your bank. I'll be around to provide further help.