cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

Quickbooks Pro 2017 R8 won't load

I installed Quickbooks Pro2017 R8 on my Dell desktop running windows 10 last year. It has been fine but I haven't used it in several months. When I try to open, I get a message that Windows can't find it. This happens when I try and open a saved file, open from the desktop shortcut, or from the Program files. I tried reinstalling to no avail. 

Help!!!

Bruce in CA

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Quickbooks Pro 2017 R8 won't load

You've come to the right place, mbruce.

I'd be happy to lend you a helping hand in taking care of this issue and ensure that you'll be able to open the file.

Let me begin by thanking you for the details that you provided. It's exactly what I need to make sure I provide you the best solution. That being said, the most likely reason why you're unable to open the file is that the release patch of your QuickBooks is out of date.

In situations like this, it would be a good idea to use the Repair module in the Installation Wizard. By running a repair, you're replacing damaged and outdated installation files of QuickBooks Desktop. I'm also including this article for additional insight on how to fix this issue: Company file is missing or cannot be found

That should get you going in the right direction. Please keep in touch if you need further assistance, or if there's anything else I can help you with.