cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member

Quickbooks becomes disengaged when I open a company file until I click on it, unless I have the "Show Home page" option checked.

I do not use my mouse.  I prefer to use hotkeys since it's much faster.  However, after I've unchecked "show Home page when opening a company file" every time I open that company file I have to click on the quickbooks desktop to engage with it.  If I leave it checked so that the Home page is displayed, then i have no problems and can hit Esc to close the Home page and carry on with what I need to do.  I'm trying to make it so that the home page does not show when I open a company file, and I don't have to click on the quickbooks desktop first before I do anything.  I usually keep my mouse up on a shelf as it's mostly useless for what I do and takes up desk space.  Having to grab it and click on quickbooks is very irritating because the program becomes disengaged when I open a company file now (Title Bar at the top of the window is greyed out).  I tried Alt-Tabbing to another window, and then back to quickbooks, but it's still disengaged.  How can I fix this?  Can you guys fix this in an update please?  It's driving me nuts.

1 Comment
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Quickbooks becomes disengaged when I open a company file until I click on it, unless I have t...

We can repair your QuickBooks to fix this issue, draken_guitarist. 

1. Restart your computer to close unnecessary programs interfering with QuickBooks.
  2. Back up your QuickBooks company file.
  3. Select Start and then Control Panel
  4. Select Programs and Features. If necessary, choose Uninstall a program. (If you don't see these options, select Programs, then Program Features.)
  5. Select QuickBooks in the list of programs and choose Uninstall/Change.
  6. Select Continue, then Next.
  7. Select Repair then Next. Wait for the Repair to complete.
  8. Choose Finish. Restart your computer if prompted.

Open QuickBooks again. Let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!