cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Quickbooks keeps exiting

I have an older version of QB desktop and when I upgraded to windows 10, the application would exit about 10 times per day.  I tried all the solutions and nothing worked.  Finally I noticed that when the application exited, my monitor background changed.  Apparently I had choses to have a slide show background.  Each time it changed pictures, QB would exit.  Once I turned that off, QB now stays running.

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Quickbooks keeps exiting

Hi, Icarus38376.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'm here to help you in determining why this is happening.

I'm happy to know that you were able to find a way to stop QuickBooks from closing. However, I'd like to clarify what exact version of QuickBooks are you using? Since, at this time, I can only confirm that the supported versions (2016 to 2019) of QuickBooks are compatible with Windows 10.

For more insight about this, you could check out this article: QuickBooks Desktop system requirements

That said, I would also recommend that you get in touch with our Technical Support Team. They have specialized tools and initiate screen sharing to investigate the main cause of this issue. Here's how you can reach them:

1. Click this link to go to the Official Contact Us page.
  2. Select QuickBooks Desktop, then the version of QuickBooks you're using.
  3. Choose Solving Issues & Error Messages, then Common Errors.
  4. In section 2, Here's how to connect with a QuickBooks expert, click Get Phone Number.

Let me know how it goes, I want to make sure this issue is taken care of. Thanks again for reaching out, I'll be waiting for your response.