cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulgdermasafe
Level 1

Rebuild Error Code 310, I still cannot backup QB Desktop Pro 2018

I have followed all of the steps for fixing this issue, and in the QBWin.log file have located the error lines in the log file (pasted below).  It says not fixable by Rebuild.  It lists Customer ID, so I figured I'd just go delete the customer, thereby deleting the credit card info, and that should fix it.  However I cannot figure out how to find the Customer ID to complete the task to see if it works.  

Does anyone know how to find the Customer ID?  Will this even fix the problem?  And if not, how does it get fixed?

Thanks!

Tina

el_cname.c (38990) :  MESSAGE: 3876: Wed Feb 13 09:44:32 LVL_SEVERE_ERROR--GetDecryptedCreditCardNumber Failed: The decryption has failed.

prefuser.c (33376) :  CHECKPOINT: 3876: Wed Feb 13 09:44:32 Error: Verify Encrypted Data: Failed to decrypt customer's credit card number. Customer ID: 1176.

prefuser.c (33377) :  CHECKPOINT: 3876: Wed Feb 13 09:44:32 (This problem is not fixable by Rebuild.)

el_cname.c (38990) :  MESSAGE: 3876: Wed Feb 13 09:44:32 LVL_SEVERE_ERROR--GetDecryptedCreditCardNumber Failed: The decryption has failed.

prefuser.c (33376) :  CHECKPOINT: 3876: Wed Feb 13 09:44:32 Error: Verify Encrypted Data: Failed to decrypt customer's credit card number. Customer ID: 1257.

prefuser.c (33377) :  CHECKPOINT: 3876: Wed Feb 13 09:44:32 (This problem is not fixable by Rebuild.)

Solved
Best answer February 13, 2019

Best Answers
Rose-A

Hey there, paulgdermasafe.

I appreciate your effort in performing some troubleshooting steps beforehand. I want to make sure you'll get the best help possible concerning error code 310 in QuickBooks Desktop.

So far, we haven't received similar issues reported. Since Community is a peer-to-peer forum, I won't be able to check your account without asking for sensitive information.

All accounts related concern need to be directed to our technical support for security purposes. Agents have the necessary tools, like screen-sharing to get you back up and running.

You can get their updated number on this article:

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

You may find this article helpful: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/Create-backup-of-the-QuickBooks-Desktop-comp....

Feel free to reach again if you have any other questions. I’d be more than willing to lend you a hand. Have a good one.

View solution in original post

14 Comments 14
Rose-A

Hey there, paulgdermasafe.

I appreciate your effort in performing some troubleshooting steps beforehand. I want to make sure you'll get the best help possible concerning error code 310 in QuickBooks Desktop.

So far, we haven't received similar issues reported. Since Community is a peer-to-peer forum, I won't be able to check your account without asking for sensitive information.

All accounts related concern need to be directed to our technical support for security purposes. Agents have the necessary tools, like screen-sharing to get you back up and running.

You can get their updated number on this article:

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

You may find this article helpful: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-Started/Create-backup-of-the-QuickBooks-Desktop-comp....

Feel free to reach again if you have any other questions. I’d be more than willing to lend you a hand. Have a good one.

marjmeds
Level 2

I had a similar issue. Calling QB support was useless. I was on the phone for over 90 minutes and they just didn't comprehend my issue.

Seems to me that you may have had encrypted credit card data stored in a customer that you deactivated. That's my story. Out of 478 errors, I only have 471 to go...

Rebuild your file and view the results. Click/expand error 310. Print that list. Next, export your customer list to an .iff file and open it in excel. Search for the customer ID from the error list in the spreadsheet. Get the customer name. Find the customer name in QB customer list. Go to payment settings and enter a dummy credit card number. Click Save.

I did that for 5 customers and the errors were reduced by 5. 

Let me know how it goes!

sandraq
Level 1

Thank you so much marjmeds!  I had the same problem and have been searching for answer for quite a while.  Your solution worked for me!

lgve
Level 1

How do I export the customer list to an .iff file. I have QuickBooks 2021, and cannot find how to do that

Kristine Mae

It will take a few steps, Igve. I'll walk you through exporting the customer list to an .IIF file.

You can follow these steps:

1. Click File.
  2. Go to Utilities.
  3. Click Export, then select Lists to IIF Files.
  4. In the Export window, select Customer List, then click OK.
  5. Enter a file name, then click Save

Let me add some articles that will help you learn more about IIF files:

Reach out to us if you have other concerns. We'll be right here to assist you. Keep safe!

Rich64
Level 1

Awesome advice!!  Thank you so much.  Spent hours on telephone with Right Networks (I used hosted quickbooks desktop) and Intuit tech support and noone could give me the simple answer you describe above.  That helped eliminate the fatal errors so I can now condense to convert to QBO.

Rich64
Level 1

Thanks Kristine.  You made the process so easy to accomplish.  Greatly appreciated!!

Dependable9276
Level 2

Thanks for the customer reference # info.  My case was an expiry date had been entered but no credit card number (using Desktop). Once that info is entered it cannot be deleted.  Adding a fake number fixed the problem.  Wish there was a way of removing a customers credit card information from their account.

gwynnMVP
Level 3

You are a lifesaver!  Intuit wanted to charge me $4,000 to fix this error - from 20 years ago!

Now my next issue - need to condense my 20+ years of data since the file is far too large.

Thanks again!

gwynnMVP
Level 3

You are a lifesaver!  I have been dealing with Intuit on this issue and they wanted to charge me a fortune to fix the problem.  This fixed it  

Now if only I can figure a way to Condense this QB file that contains 20+ years of data.  

Thanks again!

Fiat Lux - ASIA
Level 15

@gwynnMVP 

Intuit wanted to charge me $4,000 to fix this error

Did you pay for it? I'm not sure you're dealing with the Intuit Support team.

Which QB Desktop year version do you run? You should be able to run the Condense Data utility.

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/help-article/data-utilities/use-condense-data-util...

If you are using an older version than 2019, use the trial version of QBD 2019 or a newer version to upgrade your file and condense it. You can use the trial version of QB for good if required.

DJA1963
Level 1

once I export it now what?  Not sure the next step to open it Thanks

Ethel_A
QuickBooks Team

Welcome to the Community, @DJA1963.

I'll help you import back the exported files to QuickBooks Desktop.

Here's how:

1. Sign-in to your company file as an admin.
    Note: If you’re in Multi-user mode, go to the File menu, then select Switch to Single-user Mode.
  2. Go to the File menu, then select Utilities.
  3. Choose Import, then select Import IIF.
  4. Select the IIF file you want to import, then hit Open.
  5. Click OK to confirm the import.

Here is an article you can read for the detailed steps: Export, import, and edit IIF files.

For future reference, I'm adding this article about other tasks you can do with IIF files: Tasks you can do with IIF files.

Don't hesitate to click the Reply button below if you have questions about exporting and importing files in QuickBooks Desktop. I'm always here to help. Have a great day.

4Gal
Level 10

@DJA1963 

If you are not familiar with IIF, you should have a 3rd party migration tool instead to use XLS or CSV.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us