cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmlaplan
Level 1

Rebuilds and the corresponding errors

How do you get the online articles for Errors 61, 66, and 21?

6 Comments 6
FritzF

Hey there, @dmlaplan.

Thanks for posting your concern here in the Community. I'm here to help fix the errors you're getting after performing the Rebuild Utility in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT).

As of right now, we haven't received any cases similar to this issue. Let's isolate this by checking the QBWin.log. This will help find the cause of these errors in your company file. Additionally, it logs messages and errors created by Verify, Rebuild, and Condense Data utilities, in a specific file.

Here's how:

1. On your Home page, press F2 or Ctrl+1 to open the Product Information window.
2. Press F3 or Ctrl+2 to expand the Tech Help window, then choose the Open File tab.
3. Select QBWin.log, then Open File.
4. Find the line that contains the LVL_ERROR to find where this error came from.

As a reference, you can also check out this article for further guidance: Find QBWin.log or QuickBooks.log files.

That's it! Give this a try and let me know how it goes on the comment section. I'm always here should you need further assistance. Have a great rest of the week.

office30
Level 1

ME TOO! My brand new QBDT 2019 will not import IIF files. QuickBooks' links to online help articles say "Sorry, the page you're looking for doesn't exist. " I can't condense, I can't rebuild, and I can't transfer. I had no errors in my previous version indicating I had problems.

Charies_M

Hello there, office30.

Thanks for letting us know the steps you've taken so far. I'd like this to be taken care of so you can import your IIF files successfully.

For the error message in QuickBooks' links, you can try using a private browser to open those articles. Otherwise, you can use a different browser.

Also, just in case you need to know more about importing IIF file in QuickBooks Desktop, here's an article for your reference: Improved IIF Import in QuickBooks 2019.

On the other note, since you're unable to perform the following recommended steps above, I suggest you reach out to our QuickBooks Desktop Support​. They have the tools that can help investigate why you're unable to import IIF files in QuickBooks Desktop.

Keep me posted on how it goes. I'm still here whenever you need help.

BJC2
Level 1

I am also getting the error 61 after a rebuild. Using the instructions above the most recent error was:

MESSAGE: 33972: Sun Apr 5 14:33:43 LVL_ERROR--WPR: calling ABORT_CLOSE.  How do I resolve it?  I also had an error just prior exporting to pdf:

MESSAGE: 33972: Sun Apr 5 14:33:13 LVL_ERROR--WPR: PDF validation failed

Any suggestions?  I have only been using quickbooks 2020 for a week or so after importing for an earlier version...

BJC2
Level 1

I am also getting the error 61 after a rebuild. Using the instructions above the most recent error was:

MESSAGE: 33972: Sun Apr 5 14:33:43 LVL_ERROR--WPR: calling ABORT_CLOSE.  How do I resolve it?  I also had an error just prior exporting to pdf:

MESSAGE: 33972: Sun Apr 5 14:33:13 LVL_ERROR--WPR: PDF validation failed

Any suggestions?  I have only been using quickbooks 2020 for a week or so after importing for an earlier version...

JasroV
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for going through the steps above, @BJC2.

Let's reinstall your QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) software to isolate this issue. Running a clean install fixes issues in your company file. Let me guide you how.

To Uninstall:

1. Close your QuickBooks.
  2. Open the Windows Start menu. 
  3. Search for “Control Panel”, then open Control Panel.
  4. Select Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program.
  5. From the list of installed programs, select the version of QuickBooks Desktop you're having problems with.
  6. Select Uninstall/Change and then Remove
  7. Click Next

To install:

1. Open the file you downloaded (QuickBooks.exe).
  2. Follow the onscreen instructions.
  3. Accept the software license agreement and then select Next.
  4. Enter your Product and License numbers.
  5. Click Next.

Here's an article you can read for more details and additional troubleshooting steps: Clean install QuickBooks Desktop.

You can also check our Help articles page for reference in case you want to learn some tips and tricks on managing your QBDT. From there, you can read helpful articles that can guide you in your future tasks.

Know that we're always here to back you in case you have other concerns or questions. Take care and stay safe.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us