cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeLinn
Level 1

Reconcile preferences

My reconcile selection drops to the bottom of my list when selected how do i fix this? This has only just started. I have Quickbooks premier 2016 runnig multi-user, one machine does this and the other does not. I have compared all my preferences and they are the same.

4 Comments 4
MikeLinn
Level 1

Reconcile preferences

Turns out i have clicked off of my catagory view, from dates to checks.

Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Reconcile preferences

Hello there, @MikeLinn.

Allow me to help share some information about reconciliation in QuickBooks Destkop (QBDT).

It's possible that you've sorted the transactions in the reconciliation window. What happen is, once you've sorted the transactions, it automatically drops at the bottom of the page. You may need to remove the sorting selection if you wish not to drop them at the bottom part.

Also, you may sort the transactions by going the Date column. The transaction will appear from the latest to the oldest or vice-versa depending on how you customize it.

Let us know if you have any other concerns by adding a comment below, we're always here to help. Have a great day ahead!

bethiez
Level 1

Reconcile preferences

Is there a way to have a second sort order, like in excel, in the bank reconciliation screen? For example, my bank presents debit and credit items on my bank statement, first in date order, and then in dollar amount order on that date. So if I sent 50 transfers on 10/5, then on my bank statement they are all listed on 10/5, but in dollar amount order. In QB however, the items are listed on 10/5 in the order that I recorded the transactions. It makes reconciling difficult when I have to keep scrolling through the list in QB, up and down, up and down since they are not in the same order as my bank statement.

Any ideas?

Tori B
QuickBooks Team

Reconcile preferences

Hey there, @bethiez

Thanks for following the thread. I'm happy to provide you some insight about sorting reconciles in QuickBooks Desktop. 

At this time, QuickBooks Desktop will only allow you to sort one column at a time. However, I can see how sorting different columns at once would be beneficial for you and your business. I will personally submit a feedback request to our product development team, so this will be considered in a future update. 

In the meantime, you can follow our latest happenings and updates using our Blog Site

Please let me know if you have additional questions or concerns. Feel free to reach out to the Community at any time. We're here for you. Enjoy your weekend. You certainly deserve it! 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us