cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CyndyB
Level 1

Removing 1099 preference from accounts

I have a client with numerous 1099 vendors.  I completed their 1099s in QB Online and then they came back a few days later with an additional vendor who we need to 1099.  When I try to print just that 1 new 1099 in QBO I can't seem to do it, as all of the 1099 vendors appear.  In QB Desktop you can click on which vendors you want to print, but I don't see that option in QBO.  Any ideas how best to print just the 1 new 1099 without having to make adjustments to all the vendors who were previously issued 1099s?

1 Comment 1
MaryGraceS

Removing 1099 preference from accounts

Hello there, @CyndyB.

Thank you for posting in the Community. Allow me to help walk you through on how to print the 1099 form for one vendor only.

When you categorize payments to contractors, QuickBooks lists all vendors that meet the threshold for the same accounts. What we can do is to remove the selected names on the contractor's list and leave the name of the vendor you want to issue 1099.

Here's how:

1. On the Select a form type and print page, click the View selected 1099 contractors button. 
  2. Remove the check mark in the VENDOR box to clear the selected vendor names.
  3. Select the vendor. 
  4. Click Save

I've attached an article and screenshot for additional reference: Print and mail 1099s in QuickBooks Online.

These resources should help to get you on the right track.

If you need to reach out for more help, our phone agents will be able to help you get to a resolution quickly.

1. Go to https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. At the top right, select your QuickBooks version.
  3. Select a topic.
  4. Click on the Get Phone Number or Start a Message button.

Drop me a comment below if you have other questions about printing 1099. I'll be happy to help you further. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us