cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Explorer *

Requiring Fields in Purchase Order

How do I make a field be required to complete a purchase order?  They are not custom fields.  For example:  You are not allowed to close the PO until "product" or "delivery date" is filled in.

4 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Requiring Fields in Purchase Order

Hello there, kfrem.

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm here to help and provide some information about creating Purchase Order (PO) in QuickBooks Desktop.

Are you trying to set up a warning message once you're PO doesn't fill in the complete fields? If so, this feature isn't available in QuickBooks Desktop. I can see how this future would be helpful for you when creating purchase order, I recommend sending feedback directly to our product developers for consideration in the future updates. 

Here's how you can send feedback: 

1. Click Help.
  2. Select Send Feedback Online.
  3. Click Product Suggestion.
  4. Fill in the feedback info.
  5. Click Send Feedback.

For future reference you can check this article on how to use and customize form templates in QuickBooks. 

Please know that you're always welcome to post again if you have any other questions. We're always here to help. Have a good one. 

Senior Explorer *

Yes, I want the creator of the PO to be unable to close out the PO if certain fields are not filled in.  

Senior Explorer *

I want to make my "Qty" column required to be filled in before saving and/or closing my PO

QuickBooks Team

Hi kfrem, 

Requiring the QTY field to be filled before closing/saving a PO is unavailable. You'll want to visit our Developer's forum and post questions like yours straight to them. 

Here's the link: https://help.developer.intuit.com/s/

We're always here if you need help with anything else.