cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Restore memorized reports from backup

There was a catastrophic hardware failure on the PC with my QB desktop installation.   I have backups all  account data as .QBB files.  I also have a system backup with the full Quickbooks installation.

Is it possible to recover my memorized reports from either the .QBB back ups or from some file in the QB installation?

Thanks!

Kenny

1 Comment

Re: Restore memorized reports from backup

Welcome to the Community, kennym10001.

Great job on making sure you have a backup copy for QuickBooks Desktop company file. Allow me to share some insights on how it works.

They are created to prevent accidental data loss. This file contains everything you need to re-create your company file and QuickBooks Desktop environment. It includes all of the information (templates, letters, logos, and images) related to your company data.

With that said, as long as the memorized reports were created during the period of time you backed up QuickBooks, you should be able to recover them.

Take a look at this article for more details: Create a backup of your company file.

Now, let's restore your company file to get you back to business. Here's how:

1. Open QuickBooks Desktop.
  2. Go to the File menu at the top.
  3. Choose Open or Restore Company.
  4. Select Restore a backup copy and click Next.
  5. Choose Local Backup, then select Next.
  6. From the Look In drop-down, choose the location of the backup file.
  7. Select the backup file from the folder.
  8. Click Open and select Next.
  9. From the Save in drop-down, choose the location where you want to save the restored file.
  10. In the File name field, type a new file name.
  11. Select Save.

image.png

For the detailed steps, refer to this article: Restore a backup of your company file.

That should answer your concern for today.

Please keep me posted. I'll be here should you have any questions about backup copies or in QuickBooks Desktop. Enjoy your day.