cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
centego
Level 1

Sales Price Automatically update

Sales Price automatically updates by percentage when cost of item is changed (2014 Versions)

3 Comments 3
Catherine_B
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, centego. 

The automatic update of the sales price could be that you have entered a mark up price. Let's verify first if you have entered one to this item. 

Here's how: 

1. Go to the Lists menu and choose Item List
  2. Double-click on the item. 
  3. Click Edit Markup and from there you'll see a Markup Percent
  4. There are also rules or conditions if item cost changes
  5. Verify the set up.
  6. Once done, click OK

The changes created will be for future transactions.

Let me know if you have other questions.  

Taylormld1
Level 1

We are a landscape design company have numerous non-inventory items that we use for specific jobs. The costs of the items change from year to year. If we update the item cost and/or clear or leave blank the sales price when entering an estimate the drop down will show the markup but not allow you to select. What would be the best expedient way to update the cost and automatically adjust the sale price with out manually adding calculated sales price? 

By numerous - I mean a zillion items!

I have attached example screen shots 

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, @Taylormld1,

Thanks for joining the conversation. I can share some insights about the Markup price of your items in QuickBooks Desktop.

QuickBooks calculates your markup price based on the Cost and Sales Price you set up for that item. Thus, when you create an estimate, you're unable to assign a markup rate if one of those fields are not filled out.

I understand that updating your non-inventory items may take time most especially if you're dealing with a number of them. However, if you want to use this feature, you'll need to update them one at a time.

It's my priority to get to the bottom of this and look forward to providing further assistance. Please feel free to post an update in the comments below. Have a good one!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us