cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lori8
Level 1

Select Bills To Be Paid

How does one manage the bills that have been entered and paid by Debit Card/Automatic Withdrawl etc. that show in Select Bills To Be Paid screen?

4 Comments 4
JessT

Select Bills To Be Paid

Hello there, Lori8!

I also love to use auto debit to pay my phone bills. This makes me a good payer because I don't miss to pay one.

For your scenario, you're just basically reflecting the payments of your bills. If you got a lot of bills and you pay them individually, you'll want to select and pay them individually. Then, choose Credit Card in the Method section, and select your credit card account in the Account section.

If you've got other other questions in mind, feel free to comment down below. We'll be happy to assist you again.

Have a good day!

Lori8
Level 1

Select Bills To Be Paid

Thank you for your help.

Lori8
Level 1

Select Bills To Be Paid

Also, there are some checks that have been printed and recorded in the QB check register that are sitting in Bills To Be Paid.  How to I take care of those so they do not show in Bills To Be Paid.  

qbteachmt
Level 15

Select Bills To Be Paid

@JessT 

Please learn from this input.

@Lori8 

Debit card is Bill Pay by Write Check. Not Credit Card.

If you already put something on the debit card, you don't use Bills at all. Use Banking menu > Write Check, put "debit" for the check #. There is no Bill to pay later; you already Paid for it.

If you put it on the credit card, don't use Bills at all. Use Banking menu > Enter Credit Card Charge. There is no Bill to pay later; you already Paid for it.

If you used Write Check and put the details here, you should not Also have used a Bill. If you used a bill, and later are ready to pay By Check, you use Pay Bills. Do not use Write Check and enter the details here; the same details as on the bill = you just entered the details Twice, never the right thing to do. And now you Orphaned the Bills.

Bill = I need to enter something I owe, am not paying until later, and that accrual date matters to my bookkeeping. For a Cash Basis entity, for example, if I set the electrical bill to be Auto-pay, I see the bill and they show the date they will take it from Checking, so I enter Write Check for that Date they will take it from checking. There is no Bill I need to be entering and there is no Bill I need to pay, later. They will do it directly from Checking.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us