cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Contributor *

Share a company file remotely?

Hello everyone,

I work for my family's farm and we are in the process of buying a local auto repair shop. On the farm I use QB Pro Desktop 2019, and the repair shop is also using QB Pro Desktop, I'm just not sure what version they are running. We will be running the repair shop as a separate business, with a different location from the farm, but I will be doing the books for both businesses. I have a set up a new company file for the repair shop on my QB and our original plan was to do all of the books for the repair shop at my office at the farm. But, we are probably going to keep the current repair shop bookkeeper hired on a part time basis to help me, especially when I am busy doing other farm stuff. In my mind, it makes more sense to keep QB at both locations, so both myself and the current bookkeeper can work in our own offices. I was wondering if there was a quick and easy way for us to link the two QBs together with the same company file remotely? I know we could just take a hard copy of a backup to whatever computer we are working on, the two locations are not that far from each other. But, we are trying to keep everything as hassle free and easy as we can. Any ideas would be appreciated! 

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Share a company file remotely?

Good day, swansonbetsy1988.

Welcome to the QuickBooks Community. Thanks for providing such detailed information for it gives me a better picture of your business structure.

I'm glad to let you know that QuickBooks Desktop is equipped with hosting services so you can access your QuickBooks on a virtual desktop, or via the web browser in a secure connection.

With this connection, you can connect to multiple office locations, and easily update your data file when you're on the road. For the detailed list of Intuit-Authorized Hosting Providers, feel free to read this article: Intuit Hosting Service.

If you have any other questions or concerns, leave me a comment. I’m always ready to lend a helping hand. Have a great day ahead.