cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Contributor *

Share company file remotely?

I work for my family's farm and we are in the process of buying a local auto repair shop. On the farm I use QB Pro Desktop 2019, and the repair shop is also using QB Pro Desktop, I'm just not sure what version they are running. We will be running the repair shop as a separate business, with a different location from the farm, but I will be doing the books for both businesses. I have a set up a new company file for the repair shop on my QB and our original plan was to do all of the books for the repair shop at my office at the farm. But, we are probably going to keep the current repair shop bookkeeper hired on a part time basis to help me, especially when I am busy doing other farm stuff. In my mind, it makes more sense to keep QB at both locations, so both myself and the current bookkeeper can work in our own offices. I was wondering if there was a quick and easy way for us to link the two QBs together with the same company file remotely? I know we could just take a hard copy of a backup to whatever computer we are working on, the two locations are not that far from each other. But, we are trying to keep everything as hassle free and easy as we can. Any ideas would be appreciated! 

1 Comment

Re: Share company file remotely?

Hi there, @swansonbetsy1988.

It's nice to see your post today.

I'm closing this post because one my colleague already responded to this question. Please refer to @RaymondJayO's answer in this link: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Do-more-with-QuickBooks/Share-company-file-remotely/m-p/2269....

That should take care of it.

The Community is always here if you need more assistance with accessing QuickBooks Desktop remotely. I'd be delighted to help you out. Wishing you and your business continued success.