cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member
Solved

Should be simple!! > CUSTOM header box

I simply want to add an additional (invoice) HEADER to the list shown in the attached image. How do I do that? QB desktop version.

Best answer 02-26-2019 04:07 PM

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: Should be simple!! > CUSTOM header box

Thank you for getting back to us here in the Community, @1BigMover.

Allow me to join the thread and help share information about customizing/adding invoice header in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT).

Yes, once you've added a field to the customer's information, it automatically shows up on all invoices for all customers as long as you've added the field to the template.

You can either show/add the field on the invoice screen or when printing the invoice by putting a check-mark under the Print or Screen column.

You may check this article for additional reference about customizing fields in QBDT: Use QuickBooks Desktop custom fields.

Feel free to add a post/comment if you have any other invoices concerns, I'll be right here to help you!

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, 1BigMover.

Good to see you here in the QuickBooks Community. Allow me to help and guide you on how to add an additional invoice header in QuickBooks Desktop.

To do this, please follow the steps below: 

1. At the top menu bar, select Customers.
  2. Double-click the name of you customer.
  3. Click Additional Info.
  4. Select Define Fields
  5. On the Label tab, type-in the name of the invoice header you want to add.
  6. Make sure to check mark the Cust label. 
  7. Click OK

You may also check this article for additional reference on how to use and customize form templates in QuickBooks Desktop. 

If you need further assistance with the steps from our live support, I recommend contacting our QuickBooks Desktop Support Team. They have the tools to pull up your account and do a remote session. 

Here's how you can contact our live support: 

1. Follow the Official Intuit Contact link.
  2. Select your QuickBooks product.
  3. Select an issue type from the menu below, you need only to select two options for the contact information to appear.
  4. Click Start a message at the bottom.

This will get you on the right. Don't hesitate to leave a comment below if you have any other questions about the Invoice. I'll be around to help. 

Experienced Member

Hi JanyRoseB - I'm wanting the new custom header to show up on all invoices. Does the process you describe below update the invoice for *all* customers or just the one?

QuickBooks Team

Thank you for getting back to us here in the Community, @1BigMover.

Allow me to join the thread and help share information about customizing/adding invoice header in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT).

Yes, once you've added a field to the customer's information, it automatically shows up on all invoices for all customers as long as you've added the field to the template.

You can either show/add the field on the invoice screen or when printing the invoice by putting a check-mark under the Print or Screen column.

You may check this article for additional reference about customizing fields in QBDT: Use QuickBooks Desktop custom fields.

Feel free to add a post/comment if you have any other invoices concerns, I'll be right here to help you!