cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Something you're trying to use has been made inactive. Check the fields with accounts, customers, items, vendors or employees.

I have a completely clean account as purged the account and started again. All I have done is upload the banking details and I get this error message. What is causing it? All that has been done is to import the bank data.Screenshot 2019-05-21 14.37.37-1.png

2 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Something you're trying to use has been made inactive. Check the fields with accounts, custom...

Glad to have you back, @Richard63.

I'm here to help you get past the error that you received so you can get back to business.

The message that you received occurs if you're using inactive information when processing a transaction in QuickBooks Online. When purging an account, deleted information won't be totally removed since it will take a year for the data to be fully deleted. 

That said, you'll need to verify if there are inactive, accounts, customers, items, vendors or employees that were used upon importing your bank data. 

If you need additional assistance with this concern, feel free to reach out to our Customer Care Team. They have advanced tools that can help check your transaction. 

Please feel free to let me know how it goes, as I want to make sure that these bank transactions are imported successfully. Have a most pleasant day.

Established Community Backer ***

Re: Something you're trying to use has been made inactive. Check the fields with accounts, customers, items, vendors or employees.

Since you're getting the error that QBs knows things used to be there that are not there now.   So my guess is that your old company was not completely purged.

Is your account less than 60 days old?  I believe if it is older than than you don't actually purge all the data.  And I believe there are also some restrictions on the type of account you have which may restrict you from purging everything.

So the best fix may be to talk to Support on the phone and cancel then recreate  your account.  That's the best way to make sure you're really starting from scratch.