cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Conroy
Level 1

Stability in QuickBooks Desktop for Windows 2019

Anyone noticed stability issues with the Quickbooks for MAC 2019 release?  I have noticed routine crashes.  The crash catcher running for an excess of 20 minutes.  I recently upgraded from the 2016 Quickbooks for MAC desktop product and new version seems to do some strange stuff.  For example doing an export of credit card data from my bank, it associates with one visa card with one import and a different visa card with another.  At the bank there is only one credit card.  In past I would load in a credit card transaction data and then Enter Credit card  charges and watch when the transaction was saved the downloaded transactions match up.  This no longer happens.

What is up with the system.  I run my company on this product and it appears to be pretty randomly non-functional.

3 Comments 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, @Conroy.

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. I can help share some solutions in resolving stability issues with the QuickBooks Mac 2019.

Have you already tried updating your QuickBooks? This update is also referred to as maintenance patches can improve program functionality and fix known issues with the software.

Here's how to update QuickBooks Mac to the latest release:

1. Go to the QuickBooks Desktop menu and select Check for QuickBooks Updates.
  2. If a newer version of QuickBooks Desktop is available, click Install Update.
  3. When prompted, click Install and Relaunch. When the update is complete QuickBooks Desktop for Mac will automatically open.

If this doesn't resolve the crash catcher display, please refer to this article for other possible solutions: Resolve Crash Catcher displaying while using QuickBooks for Mac.

For other related references for QuickBooks Mac you may need in the future, you can always visit our site: Help articles for QuickBooks Desktop Mac.

I'm sure the steps provided in resolving crash catcher can help fix the stability issues of your QuickBooks. Please let me know how things go. I am here to lend a hand anytime.

IntuitBrooks
Level 9

Definitely run the Check for Updates and make sure you are on the latest update.  Also run File->Utilities->Rebuild and which can fix some issues in your company file.

The credit card issue is usually the bank.  Is your credit card Chase by chance?  I've noticed that Chase changes the financial institution ID on some of their credit card downloads randomly.  (Well, not randomly entirely - for Chase there are two different accounts listed in the pop up for a single credit card to download the .qbo file.  Make sure you always pick the same one. 

See if these things help. 

IntuitBrooks
Level 9

Oh - one other thing.  You can choose File->Quit in Crash Catcher rather than waiting for it to finish. If none of these things correct the issue let us know here and I'll try to look at the crash log.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us