cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

The written dollar amount on checks all runs together. New problem after "upgrade" to QB for Mac 2019.

5 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: The written dollar amount on checks all runs together. New problem after "upgrade" to QB for ...

Hello there, @mrb394ever,

I have the troubleshooting steps for you to fix the dollar amounts and numbers when writing checks.

After updating the software, you may need to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks for Mac 2019. This is to make sure all components are working well.

Let me guide you through on how to uninstall:

1. Close QuickBooks.
  2. From the Finder menu, click Go, then select Applications.
  3. Click the QuickBooks icon and drag it to the Trash.

To reinstall:

1. Go to Download QuickBooks Desktop.
  2. Select your QuickBooks account and the current version.
  3. Click Searchdownload1.PNG
  4. Click Download to download the installer file to your computer. download2.PNG
  5. Double-click the download.dmgfile.
  6. Drag the QBDT icon to the application folder to install.

Please go through this article for additional information: Update QuickBooks Mac Desktop.

You can also visit this site for other related topics about QuickBooks for Mac. This includes the guide and the latest news about the software: https://qblittlesquare.com/.

That will fix this right up. Keep me posted if there's anything I can help you with your account. I'd be glad to help.

Established Member

Re: The written dollar amount on checks all runs together. New problem after "upgrade" to QB for ...

The suggested fix -- delete program and reinstall -- did not work. Dollar figures on check continue to all run together, somewhat like this: OneThousandTwoHundredForty-Oneand00/100 -- except that each word is more than smack up against the one preceding it -- actually overlaps a bit like the ligatures in some foreign languages were the o and e and the a and e run together.

So, next suggestion? But perhaps I'll just live with this until some bank complains.

QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @mrb394ever.

I'd be glad to help check why the written amount on your checks all runs together.

To verify this further, you may need to check the display of your computer. If everything was set up correctly, and the issue persists, I recommend contacting our Support Team to check and investigate this further securely.

For the support's contact information, you may check it here: Contact the QuickBooks Desktop Customer Support Team.

Please know that I'll be right here to help you if you have any other questions about QuickBooks Desktop for Mac, just add a post/comment below. Have a good day!

Established Community Backer ***

Re: The written dollar amount on checks all runs together. New problem after "upgrade" to QB for Mac 2019.

Restart your Mac in safe mode and see if that changes anything, also submit a bug report through your feedback options.

Established Community Backer ***

Re: The written dollar amount on checks all runs together. New problem after "upgrade" to QB for Mac 2019.

Another thing to try is to change the font used for checks.  This is in the print options dialog (make sure the disclosure triangle is expanded and select the QuickBooks menu).  It sounds like that might be the issue.