cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

Transferring company

I do not see a restore button for Quickbooks for mac 2019, so how can I load my company to the new program from another computer.  It's a backfile and it will not just open that extension. 

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Transferring company

Let's find the .dmg file first so we can load it in your QuickBooks 2019, Brin4god.

QuickBooks for Mac automatically creates a disk image file (.dmg) when you back up the company file. You can follow these steps to find where QuickBooks stored the backup copy:

1. Go to the QuickBooks menu.
  2. Select Preferences.
  3. Choose Backup.

If you don't see the backup in that folder, click the magnifying glass icon and type .dmg to search for it. Once you find the file you're looking for, we can now proceed with restoring it.

Here's how:

1. Double-click the .dmg file. You will see a new window which opens the Ghost drive.
  2. This drive will show the backup copy of your company file.
  3. Drag the company file with a .qbXXXX extension to the folder where you want to store it.
  4. If you have attachments, drag the Attached Documents Library folder to same folder you stored your company file.
  5. Click the copy of the company file that you saved to open it. You can also click File at the top, and then select Open company.

You can also refer to this article for your reference: Restore a backup (.dmg) in QuickBooks Mac.

I'm always here if you need further assistance. Thanks for dropping by.