cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unable to E-file 941

Every time I try to e-file a 941 in QuickBooks today it tells me I need to update my payroll. I have done that and I'm still receiving the same message.  This is in multiple different QB files, not just one.  Something similar happened in January for a day.  It was QuickBooks wide, not specific to just me.  Anyone else experiencing this?  Can QB tell me when it will be fixed?    

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Unable to E-file 941

Hello, @SBCPA.

I'd be glad to help you today so you'll be able to e-file your 941 form successfully.

Since you're done updating your payroll service or the payroll tax table, you can start by resetting the update. Once done, start e-filing your 941 form. Let me help guide you how.

To reset the update:

1. Click on Employees at the top menu bar.
  2. Select Get Payroll Updates.
  3. Click on Download entire payroll update under the Get Payroll Updates page.
  4. Once done, press on on Ctrl on your keyboard + Update.
    a2 update.PNG

If the issue persists, I suggest getting in touch with our Support Team to check and investigate this further securely. For the support's contact information, you may check it here: Contact the QuickBooks Desktop Customer Support Team.

On the other hand, to learn more about downloading the latest payroll tax table update, you may check this article: Download the latest payroll tax table.

Please know that I'll be always here to help you if you have any other QuickBooks or payroll questions, just add a post/comment below. Have a wonderful day ahead!