cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fxs7576
Level 1

Unable to import contacts or items

Hello QB community,

I am using Quickbook 2019 Trial for Mac at OSX Mojave, and am having issue importing a list of contacts and items.

When I click File < Import < Contacts..., a new window named "Add Contacts" appears but it is showing blank (as shown below).

01_File_Import_Contacts.jpg

02_result.jpg

Does anyone have the solution to this?

Thanks

Solved
Best answer April 23, 2019

Best Answers
JamesDuanT

I appreciate the detailed information and screenshots, fxs7576.

After the steps you did, you should have a pop-up window where you can choose how to bring in your contacts.

There are different reasons why the pop-up window didn't appear. It's possible that:

• popup blockers are enabled.
  • you have incomplete software updates.
  • your company file is damaged.

Follow the processes below so you can import your contacts again:

1. Enable pop-ups in QuickBooks Mac through your browser settings. You can follow the steps in this article: Why Doesn't Anything Happen When I Select a Button or Link?
  2. Make sure you have downloaded the complete software updates: Update QuickBooks Mac Desktop.
  3. Get rid of any data-damage on your company file: Resolve Data Damage on your Company File.

If the same thing happens, you can reach out to our Customer Care Team. They can further investigate this matter and provide a fix. Here's how you can reach them:

1. Go to this link: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contactus.
  2. In the upper-right corner of the page, make sure you select QuickBooks Mac Desktop United States.
  3. In the first section, choose Using QuickBooks for Mac.
  4. Then, click the Get Phone Number button in the second section.

You can always get back to me if you need anything else.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
JamesDuanT

I appreciate the detailed information and screenshots, fxs7576.

After the steps you did, you should have a pop-up window where you can choose how to bring in your contacts.

There are different reasons why the pop-up window didn't appear. It's possible that:

• popup blockers are enabled.
  • you have incomplete software updates.
  • your company file is damaged.

Follow the processes below so you can import your contacts again:

1. Enable pop-ups in QuickBooks Mac through your browser settings. You can follow the steps in this article: Why Doesn't Anything Happen When I Select a Button or Link?
  2. Make sure you have downloaded the complete software updates: Update QuickBooks Mac Desktop.
  3. Get rid of any data-damage on your company file: Resolve Data Damage on your Company File.

If the same thing happens, you can reach out to our Customer Care Team. They can further investigate this matter and provide a fix. Here's how you can reach them:

1. Go to this link: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contactus.
  2. In the upper-right corner of the page, make sure you select QuickBooks Mac Desktop United States.
  3. In the first section, choose Using QuickBooks for Mac.
  4. Then, click the Get Phone Number button in the second section.

You can always get back to me if you need anything else.

fxs7576
Level 1

Thank you for the suggestion. It works now.

JamesDuanT

It's good to hear that everything is already working now, fxs7576.

Feel free to post again in the Community if you encounter obstacles while managing your business. We're always here for you. Have a great one!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us