cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Unable to pay contractor thru QB payroll

We pay our vendors via direct deposit, however, one vendor does not go through the system.  Although we have previously paid this vendor, it did not go through this time.  All items of information are exactly the same as when the vendor received direct deposit previously.

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Unable to pay contractor thru QB payroll

Good day, @Yesrod23,

Are you getting an error message when paying vendors through Direct Deposit (DD)? If so, I'd appreciate if you can attach screenshots so I have a better picture of the issue.

In the meantime, if you get a DD limit error message, the company's total DD/Vendor exceeded the maximum daily limit. You need to send us a DD limit increase.

However, if your vendor didn't receive their funds on the payday, their bank has until 11:59 pm PT on the check date to post the funds to their bank account. Otherwise, the payroll will get rejected and returned to the employer's bank account within 2-3 banking days after the pay date. 

I also recommend contacting our QuickBooks Online Payroll care team so they can check the status of the vendor's DD for you.

Here's how:

1. On your QuickBooks Online account, click Help at the top.
  2. Click Contact us to connect with the live support agent.

You can also check out to this article for other related DD issues:

Let me know how the call goes by leaving a comment below. I'd be glad to lend a hand whenever you need additional information regarding your concern today.