cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to view bills or add new bills

my quickbooks said it needed to update.  So I updated and restarted my PC now I can't look at invoices or add any.  I can pay bills and look at my accounts but can't enter any new bills or open old ones.

1 Comment
Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Re: Unable to view bills or add new bills

Hello, @horsehound.

Thanks for coming to the Community for help. I want to ensure you can view existing transactions and enter new bills in QuickBooks Desktop.

Make sure you’re logged in as the Company Admin in QuickBooks. It’s possible that a different user with restrictions in viewing and entering bills has accessed the company file. 

Let’s verify by logging out and back in as the Admin. Check if you’re able to create new bills and see existing transactions. See QuickBooks Desktop users and restrictions for more information.

If you continue to get the same result, it means your user access is damaged. You must download and run the QuickBooks File Doctor to fix the issue. Here's how:

1. Download the QuickBooks File Doctor.
  2. Launch the tool by double-clicking the icon on your desktop.
  3. Follow the prompt to run the tool.
  4. View results.

Check out this article for reference: QuickBooks File Doctor-Fix your Damaged Company File or Network.

That should do it. Give this a try and let me know how it goes, I want to ensure your success. Have a great day!