cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member
Solved

Uncommanded shutdown

Beginning recently, the program shuts down with no error messages when I attempt to email any document. To my knowledge, there have been no changes to my PC desktop system. Prior to this onset, the program ran normally.

Best answer a week ago

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: Uncommanded shutdown

Welcome to the Community, @davesmusic.

Let’s update QuickBooks to the latest release to resolve the problem. Once done, try emailing the documents again.

If you continue to get the same result, run a repair to fix any program-related issues or errors. Before doing so, prepare the QB Desktop installation CD or download the installer from the website if it’s purchased through the phone or online.

Here's how:

1. Close out all unnecessary programs and restart your computer.
  2. Back up your QuickBooks company file.
  3. On your keyboard, press the Start key and type in Control Panel.
  4. Select Programs and Features
  5. In the list of programs, select QuickBooks.
  6. Choose Uninstall/Change, then click Continue and Next.
  7. Click Repair and then Next. Wait for it to complete.
  8. Once done, hit Finish.

Right after, email the documents once more. Take a look at this article for more details: Fix QuickBooks Desktop.

That should get you back in line.

Give this a try and let me know how it goes. I’ll keep an eye out for your response. Take care!

2 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Welcome to the Community, @davesmusic.

Let’s update QuickBooks to the latest release to resolve the problem. Once done, try emailing the documents again.

If you continue to get the same result, run a repair to fix any program-related issues or errors. Before doing so, prepare the QB Desktop installation CD or download the installer from the website if it’s purchased through the phone or online.

Here's how:

1. Close out all unnecessary programs and restart your computer.
  2. Back up your QuickBooks company file.
  3. On your keyboard, press the Start key and type in Control Panel.
  4. Select Programs and Features
  5. In the list of programs, select QuickBooks.
  6. Choose Uninstall/Change, then click Continue and Next.
  7. Click Repair and then Next. Wait for it to complete.
  8. Once done, hit Finish.

Right after, email the documents once more. Take a look at this article for more details: Fix QuickBooks Desktop.

That should get you back in line.

Give this a try and let me know how it goes. I’ll keep an eye out for your response. Take care!

Established Member

Thank you for your timely assistance. I had actually tried this previously with no success. But THAT time, I don't recall the repair exe asking me if I wanted to update the applications associated with it. Namely, the Firefox browser. So I did and yes, it solved the issue. Thank you for taking the time to assist me! Dave