cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonaldGrajales
Level 1

Update 2010 to 2018

hi, my name is Ronald Grajales i am in Colombia, in the 2011 i bought a friend a version 2010, how has bought in the USA, but i have 2 problems, first: i dont remenber de credentials of one of the software, because i bought 2 licences, what can i do?

And the other one, it that my counter said that i need NIIF, and the question is:

can i update the 2010 to the lasted, and has it  NIIF?

2 Comments 2
Rose-A

Update 2010 to 2018

Good day, RonaldGrajales.

I'm here to help you update your 2010 QuickBooks Desktop to 2018 version.

If you wish to get the credentials of the desktop version that you have right now, you can go to the Customer Account Management Portal Site (CAMPS). This site allows you to view all your QuickBooks Desktop products and services. Try logging in to https://camps.intuit.com to check your License number and Product ID.

Once you're logged in the Products and Services section at the top of the page lists all the software you have purchased. You may want to check this article for more information: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1765237.

If you're not able to log in, I would suggest asking your friend for the credentials where you bought the QuickBooks Desktop.

You may find these articles helpful:

Additionally, since you need to discuss sensitive information, you may want to call in to speak with an agent so they can help you further.

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

I'm always here if you need more help with updating your QuickBooks Desktop. Have a good one.

Aleh - CloudBusiness
Level 3

Update 2010 to 2018

Hello Ronald,

As I am not able to answer your first question regarding the second one I have to say something.

Then NIIF thing you have mentioned most likely refers to .IIF files (an IIF) i.e. files that have 'Intuit Interchange Format' extensions. Those are the files that contain all the data in proper format for QuickBooks to understand it and is able to import such files.  

So, basically it means that you can export data from QuickBooks company to .IIF file and then import that data to another QuickBooks company which can make your data migration conducted in a quick and convenient manner. That way you can transfer your data from 2010 to 2018 company.

However sometimes it is more convenient to use third-party apps to migrate the data. You can export the data by the use of  such applications. Such apps can use other formats as well, most popular nowadays is .CSV or either .XLSX format (Excel). And such apps can use .IIF format as well. For example I know the app that I liked most due to it simpleness and great attitiude of support folks that were answering all of my questions during live chat sessions in a very friendly and comprehensive way. The app I was using named Business Importer for Desktop - you can use it with .IIF files as well(in order to use it - extension should be changed to .XLSX) to upload all your data to 2018 company as soon as you got this data extracted from 2010 company.

You can get your data extracted from 2010 company by the use of export feature that is most likley built-in to your version of the app. Then please use that data to Import it to a company you need.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us