cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Upgrade QB Pro Desktop 2016 to QB Pro Desktop 2019

While updating from QB Pro 2016 to QB Pro 2019, Got to the sign in and QB texted me a code, I put the code in and hit enter and then NOTHING. It is like it has froze. Nothing is happening and I can not do anything in it. What do I do??

3 Comments
Community Backer ***

Re: Upgrade QB Pro Desktop 2016 to QB Pro Desktop 2019

hi @ThersaM ,

From my experience, Intuit only texted me a verification code to mobile number when I want to log into CAMPS. Did you find any license of QuickBooks 2019 in your CAMPS?

Experienced Member

I am not sure what CHAMPS is. But I can not do anything with QB. It is just froze. I can not exit or anything. It is still at the screen that says Check your Phone  we sent you a code. It shows where I enter the code number and it froze.

Thanks for reaching out to the Community, @ThersaM.

Below are the possible causes for QuickBooks to freeze:

• Damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI file.
  • Corruption on the hard drive.
  • Damaged program files or QuickBooks Desktop installation.
  • Damaged Windows operating system.

Since you're unable to close the program, try rebooting your computer. Then reopen QuickBooks again. If the issue persists, let's troubleshoot the QuickBooks Desktop Program Installation. Here's how:

1. Run the QBInstall Tool.
2. Repair the QuickBooks installation.
3. Reinstall using a clean install.

For additional information, check out this article: Resolve Problems Opening QuickBooks Desktop or your Company File.

That should get you fixed right up. Keep me updated on how it goes after performing these steps. I'll be here if you need further assistance. Take care and have a good one.