cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tleavitt
Level 1

Usage Limits Are Obnoxious, I'm Going Elsewhere

I've been a loyal user of Quickbooks Online since practically the day it launched, and Quickbooks before that (back in the 1990s). I've put up with Intuit's constant mucking about with the user interface of QBO, and their recent habit of increasing the annual renewal cost at a rate well above that of inflation, but even though I'm "under the limit", this is pretty much the final straw. There's no reason to impose these limits other than extracting extra revenue by forcing people to migrate to "Advanced". Attempting to spin this as an improvement aimed at helping the customer is the worst most absurd form of marketing doublespeak. The structure of a company's accounts has no relationship to the size or complexity of an individual business, and the difference in the amount of data involved is utterly trivial.  They'd never dare to this to their desktop customers.

I hope Intuit reconsiders this ASAP, because otherwise, I'm gone. I've posted to my thousands of followers on Facebook and Twitter about this, as well.

6 Comments 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

RE: Attempting to spin this as an improvement aimed at helping the customer is the worst most absurd form of marketing doublespeak. 

Well put!

Malcolm Ziman
Level 10

@tleavitt wrote:

The structure of a company's accounts has no relationship to the size or complexity of an individual business, and the difference in the amount of data involved is utterly trivial.  .

Right. They must be setting it up for future real limits, like number of list records, or even number of transaction line items.  Then it would actually make sense, but for a reasonable differential in price, not the absurd 150% they want.  It will be interesting to see if the market can bear this.  My bet is not but I hope I am wrong.  This may be a test 

Anonymous
Not applicable

RE: My bet is not but I hope I am wrong. 

Why do you hope you're wrong?  If the market does bear this, then Intuit will continue down this path.  I see that as a negative thing for some reason.

OTOH, based on what I see here,  if customers abandon QB Online for QB Desktop  most will be better off.

Malcolm Ziman
Level 10

@Anonymous wrote:

Why do you hope you're wrong?  I

I think the concept of internet based accounting is a good thing; that users can work on the books from anywhere.  I want QBO to succeed. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

RE: I want QBO to succeed. 

How do you think it's doing after 20 years?  IMO pretty weak and shabby so far.

ProfessorRod
Level 2

[removed by moderator - posting the same comment into multiple threads, including ones that do not apply to your situation is considered spamming and is not allowed] 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us