cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Explorer **

When Applying for Quickbooks Payments, will Intuit need access to my personal credit reports?

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: When Applying for Quickbooks Payments, will Intuit need access to my personal credit reports?

Thanks for checking this with us, @MM_LCNA,

I appreciate your time visiting our forum today. I can share some insights about the QuickBooks Payments security.

We take the security of your account very seriously and want to assure you that securing the data you have entrusted us with is of utmost importance to us. While we require information like name, address, e-mail, phone, and credit card when signing up with the Payments service, we do not keep these records to access your personal information.

We use the details that identifies you to protect your account from fraudulent activities in compliance with the Payment Card Industry's Data Security Standards. Additionally, to make sure you don't get issues using our product you've signed up for (processing online payments). To know more about our Privacy Terms, please check out our website here.

Also, it is best to get in touch with our Payments Support to get an overview of our service before signing up. You can get our updated phone number here: https://community.intuit.com/browse/payments-contact-us

That should get you on the right track, @MM_LCNA. I'm always here to help you, please let me know if you need further assistance. Have a great day!

Community Explorer **

Re: When Applying for Quickbooks Payments, will Intuit need access to my personal credit reports?

That was kind of a yes or no question. My credit data is frozen at the big 3. If Intuit will need to access those records I will have to temporarily lift the freeze. Just wondering if I’ll have to add that to the task list. I’ll call.

Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Hello MM_LCNA,

Yes, as part of the approval process, Intuit may need to access your personal credit information to prevent issues related to fraud, credit, and debt collection. You can check out this link for more information: https://security.intuit.com/index.php/privacy?bc=USP-TDQ.

I've also added a screenshot where you can find these details.

You can also contact our Payment Support Team so they can explain more about the Privacy, Security, and Terms of Service.

We'll be right here if you need anything else.

Capture.JPG