cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

When I click on customer tab, I cannot get the list of customers (to the Left) as I have in the past

I just upgraded to QB 2019.  When I click on the tab for customers, I do not get the customer listing (to the left of the screen) as I have in the past.  Where did it go?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: When I click on customer tab, I cannot get the list of customers (to the Left) as I have in t...

Hello, mjauto.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. I'm here to help and make sure you have all the list of customers in QuickBooks Desktop. 

Since you just recently upgraded your QuickBooks, let's find the most current backup by performing a wild card search to view the date, timestamp or size. This is to restore your updated backup file.

Here's how: 

1. In the Search programs and files dialog box, search for *.qbb*.qb or *.qbw.
  2. When the search completes, make note of the file's location, size file and the date modified.
  3. With QuickBooks closed, double-click on the File Name or Icon of the file that has the most recent timestamp and is the largest file.

To ensure that you've selected the correct file, let's run a Custom Transaction Detail report for all dates to view the latest transaction entered. Just go to Report, select Custom Report, and choose Transaction Detail.

As a reference, you can also check out this article for further guidance: Locating Backups & Company Data Files.

After following these steps, you should have the list of customers in QuickBooks.

Please let me know on how this goes. I want to make sure everything you're all set with this concern.