cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Where is the customer snapshot in QB Mac like they had in QB Windows?

There was a Customer snapshot in the windows version for quick reference. I used it all the time when contacted by businesses that were given our name, as a reference, by our customers who were looking for credit from those companies. I have no idea where to get the info normally requested by them now.

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Where is the customer snapshot in QB Mac like they had in QB Windows?

I can help you see the customer snapshot in QuickBooks for Mac, Tracie3.

All you have to do is click the Snapshot icon located at the top of your Home Page.

Please check out this article for more information, just scroll down under "Company snapshot" section: https://qblittlesquare.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/QuickBooks-for-Mac-2019-1809.pdf.

If there's anything else you need, don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Experienced Member

No. That is a "company snapshot", as in... my own company. Quickbooks windows offered a "customer snapshot" report in the customer section which gave information I need about a customer at a quick glance. It gave you numbers such as how many days on average they took to pay an invoice, credit limit, sales figures, etc. It was a handy tool for me to answer businesses requesting such info so they could decide whether to extend credit to our customers for their own products.

QuickBooks Team

Allow me to chime in, Tracie3.

Let me share some information about available snapshot in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.

It's great to get a real-time customer snapshot and performs tasks in one place. Unfortunately, the customer snapshot is currently unavailable in the Mac version.

However, in the Customer Who Owes Money section, you can view owed balances in the Company Snapshot window.

Additionally, the Mac version allows you to create graphs from a report. To learn more about this, you can click on the article above provided by my colleague, ShiellaGraceA,and go to Reports and graphs section.

This should point you in the right direction.

Thanks for visiting the Community. I'm always here to help if you have further questions. Have a good one.