cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BLD

Why am I losing my page margins when I am on the check writing screen?

The check takes up more of the screen, so I lose the ability to "X out" at top right, and also I lose the buttons on bottom right to save check. I typically have to close down the program and reopen, and then after a few checks, it will happen again.  Obviously a technical issue...

4 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Why am I losing my page margins when I am on the check writing screen?

This unexpected behavior can be caused by data corruption, BLD.

Let's run the Verify/Rebuild utility to detect the data damage. Here's how:

1. Click File.
  2. Go to Utilities, then choose Verify Data
  3. If QuickBooks detected no problems, there's no further action needed. If you receive a message, "Your data has lost integrity", the file is damaged. Just continue to Rebuild Data to correct the problem.
  4. When you Rebuild Data, you'll receive a message to back up your company file, just click OK. The utility starts as soon as the back up is finished.
  5. Click OK when you get the message "Rebuild has completed".
  6. Run Verify Data again to check for remaining data damage.

After running the utility, write a check again. 

You can leave a comment below if you need more help. We'll check your post from time to time. 

BRC
Established Community Backer ***

Screens in QB do not have page margins.  Only printed things have page margins.

BLD

Well let's properly call them "screen" margins, shall we?  It is clear that I am asking about what I am unable to view on the screen.

QuickBooks Team

Hello there, BLD.

Thanks for giving more clarifications about your concern. I want to make sure this get's resolved.

Are you still unable to close ("X") out check screen after verifying and rebuilding data in QuickBooks Desktop? If so, you can toggle your window preference into single. To do this, click View and choose One Window.

If the same thing happens, I recommend you get in touch with our Customer Care Team for further investigation. Here's how you can reach us out: Contact the QuickBooks Desktop Customer Support Team.

Let me know if you get the chance to try all the suggestions above and what the results are. I'll jump right back in to help you some more.