cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WLJ
Level 1

Why can I not add tasks to projects

I am using Projects on Quickbooks online and cannot add a task to the project, it is not giving me that option. Is there a setting I need to change?

15 Comments 15
Intuit Zac
Content Creator

Hi WLJ, there should be an "Add a task" button after you click on the Create project or New project. Do you mind trying it on a different broswer, please? Chrome or FireFox would do. 

WLJ
Level 1

I am working in Chrome. Have just tried Edge and that didn't work either.

When I go to the drop down list for add to Project it only has options of Invoice, Receive payment, Expense, Quote, Time and Bill. There is no task option. 

WLJ
Level 1

And when adding a new project I only have fields for project name, customer and notes. I am sure I should have more fields available. 

Intuit Zac
Content Creator

Got you. Thank you very much for the additional info. Can you please try to click on Edit series (right next to add to project) instead? Please let us know if you are able to find the Add a task in there. Thank you. 

WLJ
Level 1

I don't have an option to edit series. 

vpcontroller
Level 11

@WLJ wrote:

And when adding a new project I only have fields for project name, customer and notes. I am sure I should have more fields available. 

No. That's all they have. There is no such thing like "Add Tasks" as a separate field on Projects. Or any additional fields other than 1) Project name, 2) Customer, and 3) Notes when adding a new project.

Add_Project_screen.PNG

Intuit Zac
Content Creator

Hi WLJ and VPController, thank you for getting back to us on this. Is it possible for you to contact us on this so we can take a look over a screen share session, please?

WLJ
Level 1

Sure, how do we do that? Also, is there a way to give staff access to allocate time to a project without giving them full access to the details of the costings etc, so they can add but not view details. Is there a way other than through timesheets?
Intuit Zac
Content Creator

Hi WLJ, 

Please contact us by following the link below:

https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_AU/contact

So we can discuss this in detail with you. Thank you. 

Alex r
Level 1

Having same issue where tasks and other fields not being available when adding new project.

JasroV
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @Alex r.

The add Tasks option is only available to QuickBooks Online Accountant (QBOA). I've attached an image below for reference.  1.PNG

I've also added this article for additional reference: How to create a client request, project, or task in QuickBooks Online Accountant.

In case you want to give an adjustment note to a customer, you can always check this great article for reference:Enter and apply an adjustment note or delayed credit.

You can always get in touch with us if you have any other concerns with your QuickBooks Online (QBO) account. We're always here to help.

Alex r
Level 1

Hi Jarso,

I looked at the plans and pricing page but couldn’t find the Accountant version. We currently have the US QBO Advanced. Where can we find the accounting version or how can we add this feature to our current setup?
We’re integrated with TSheets and have Projects enables, however we cannot make tasks for each Project. Are there any work arounds for this? 

Also, is there a way to hide our Client/Customers from the TSheets integration?

Thanks
GraceC
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @Alex r.

Let me guide you on how to sign up for QuickBooks Online Accountant (QBOA).

Here's how:

1. Sign-in to this account.
  2. Fill in the information needed.
  3. Click Continue.
  4. Fill in the Accounting firm nameFirm ZIP codeNumber of full-time employees (including you).
  5. Hit Finish.

For more insights, you can check this link: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/accountants/training-certification/getting-started/

I'll be right here if you need anything. Have a good day!

Alex r
Level 1

Thanks Grace C,

Creating a QBOA account would only allow me to create tasks for myself as an accountant for my practice. What I’m looking for is the ability to create tasks or sub-projects for projects on the client side (QBO).

E.g.: Customer > Project > Task/sub-project.  

Is there a place where I can request this feature for QBO, as without it, the full features of Tsheets (having ability to add sub-projects for projects in this case) are lost after integration.

Thanks

Bonny_

Hi Alex r,

You can submit feedback from within QuickBooks Online by following the steps below:

1. Select the Gear icon at the top, then Feedback.
  2. Enter your comments or product suggestions then select Next.
  3. You'll be provided a list of suggested Help articles related to your comment. You can read through them or select Skip and send message.
  4. From the drop-down, choose the appropriate category, then select Send message.

Bonny