cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Why does my item disappear when I use a subitem of that item? It reflects on the screen but not on the printed PDF??

I have created subitems for each "parent" item and on the screen it reflects it clear as day which subitem belongs to which "parent" item but when I print the proposal the "parent" item is not on there? I would really like for it to reflect on the proposal. It is a part of what I want to present to my clients. Is this even possible? I would hate to have to restructure the data I have entered. Does anyone know how to get this to populate? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

JG

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Why does my item disappear when I use a subitem of that item? It reflects on the screen but n...

Hello, @Johnny JM Flooring.

It's nice to have you here in the Community. I'm here to help share information about using the sub-items when creating transactions in QuickBooks.

If you're using QuickBooks Dekstop (QBDT) and used the sub-item when creating transactions, it reflects on the screen, however, it won't reflect when printing the transactions.

This is how it works and designed in QBDT. If you think the option of printing the parent item available, I suggest sending feedback/product request straight to our product developers.

To send your request:

1. Go to Help at the top menu bar.
  2. Select Send Feedback Online.
  3. Click on Product Suggestion.

Let me know if you have any other questions about items in QuickBooks, I'm always here to help you. Have a good one!

Re: Why does my item disappear when I use a subitem of that item? It reflects on the screen but not on the printed PDF??

I have the same issue, does anyone have a solution yet?

Re: Why does my item disappear when I use a subitem of that item? It reflects on the screen but n...

Hi there, @veronicas.

Thank you for joining this thread. Allow me to chime in for a moment and share some insights about adding a sub-item on transactions.

As mentioned by my peer, choosing and adding a sub-item on the Invoice screen will let you see its main item. However, this information will not auto-populate on the printed transaction template. It will only show the Sub-item you've chosen.

We don't have updates yet about this, but we'll be sure to cascade it through email notification. For now, you can visit our QuickBooks App Store. There are a variety of applications you can choose from to help you in customizing your invoice transactions and item views.

Let me know if there's anything else you need. Just add a comment below or visit the Community again. We'll be happy to answer all your inquiries.