cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NP3
Community Explorer **

can I increase the size of email I can send with my invoice

Currently, I am limited to a 2MB attachment that I can send along with my invoice. is there a way I can increase the size of the file I can send along with my QB invoice?

4 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: can I increase the size of email I can send with my invoice

Hi NP3, 

There is no file size limit for attachments, however there must be enough space on your system to store the documents. 

Let's go to your Doc Center to delete the attachment. Upload and attach it again. Then, Send more than 2MB file attachment to yourself as a sample. 

If the same thing happens, I suggest reaching out to our Phone Support Team for them to look into your company file. 

Here's how: 

1. From the Help menu, choose QuickBooks Desktop Help
  2. Click Contact us on the dialog box. 
  3. Then, enter your concern about file size attachment and click Continue
  4. You can either Start a message or Get a callback

You can read through this article for more information about QuickBooks Document Center: FAQs and common issues

I'll be here if you need more help. 

NP3
Community Explorer **

thanks for the reply but I am not trying to attach a document from the doc center, I have this document saved on my computer. I attach and email documents that are saved on my computer to my invoices all the time but for some reason if they are bigger than 2MB, I receive a message stating that the file is too big. so if you say there is no size limit to what I can attached to the invoice when I email it, then I can't see why it won't work for me.

NP3
Community Explorer **

Not sure if my other message went through. 

Thanks for you reply but I am not trying to attach a document from the doc center, I'm trying to attach one from my computer. I'm trying to email an invoice to my customer with back up records from a file on my computer. when I'm in the invoice, I click on email invoice and the email window pops up and when I attach anything to that email which is larger than 2MB, I receive a message that states that the email can't be sent because the file exceeds 2MB. how can I get around this?

Let me step in for a moment, NP3.

I'm here to provide further details about sending invoices with attached documents and make sure you're able to send them from QuickBooks Desktop.

You can attach documents for more than 2MB. Since you're unable to send invoices, I recommend running the Verify and Rebuild tool. This will help identify and remove common data issues in QuickBooks. 

Here's how to run the tool:

1. Please secure a backup copy of your company file.
  2. Open QuickBooks.
  3. Go to File and select Utilities.
  4. If a problem is detected, go back to Utilities.
  5. Select Rebuild Data.

For further guidance, I'm linking an article that will provide more information: Resolve data damage on your company file.

Then, try sending invoices with the attached file.

You shouldn't have any further issues after following these steps. Please let me know how it goes by leaving a comment below. I want to make sure everything you're all set with this concern.