cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ejinayoshi
Level 2

customer center

I was updating an invoice in the Customer Center. Fat-fingered something and deleted a line of my invoice.  I cancelled what I was doing, intending to reopen the invoice to make the correction.  But the customer was gone from my list.  I searched for the customer name and an entirely new, blank customer center list opened, with just that one customer.  When I take the customer's name out of the search box, the rest of the list reappears.  I cannot see anything different in the setup of the customers.  Any ideas why this is happening?

Solved
Best answer April 02, 2019

Best Answers
IntuitBrooks
Level 9

customer center

Type command F for Find and type in the name of the customer.  Do they show up?  Look for an invoice that was written for the customer.  What name appears on it? Perhaps you've changed their name. 

File->Utilities->Rebuild is worth a shot of neither of these work. 

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
SkinnyRaven
Level 8

customer center

First I would try closing and relaunching QB.

ejinayoshi
Level 2

customer center

That was the first thing I tried, and no, the customer record doesn't reappear in the main list. 

IntuitBrooks
Level 9

customer center

Type command F for Find and type in the name of the customer.  Do they show up?  Look for an invoice that was written for the customer.  What name appears on it? Perhaps you've changed their name. 

File->Utilities->Rebuild is worth a shot of neither of these work. 

ejinayoshi
Level 2

customer center

Found the customer. For reasons unknown, the system stopped sorting him by his last name and started sorting him by his first name.  I had merged two records that had showed up for him, but both had his name the same way, so don't know why this happened. At any rate, problem solved. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

customer center

It's nice to see you here again, @ejinayoshi,

I appreciate you performing the solution provided by our best contributors in this forum, and updating us about the outcome of the steps. I'm glad it pointed you to the resolution you need.

To avoid this hitch from happening again, make sure your QuickBooks Mac software version is up-to-date. To do that, follow the steps below:

1. Go to the QuickBooks Desktop menu.
  2. Click on Check for QuickBooks Updates.
  3. Click Install Update, if there's a new version of your QuickBooks Desktop.
  4. When prompted, click Install and Relaunch. Once completed, your QuickBooks Desktop for Mac will automatically launch.

I've attached here a related article to guide you with updating your QB Mac software: Update QuickBooks Mac Desktop

Should you ever have any other questions that I can help you with, please feel free to mention me anytime. Have a wonderful and productive week!

StudentABC
Level 3

customer center

Does the Customer Center with all the contact information transfer over from desktop pro to online version?

Thank you.

Student ABC

MaryLurleenM

customer center

There are certain customer information that won't convert to QuickBooks Online, StudentABC.

You can check this article for the list of information: What to expect when you switch from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online. Click the Customers and jobs portion to open the info. You can also check other data if the information can be converted to QBO. 

Check these articles for future reference:

Let me know if you have other questions about the conversion.

DBSLP
Level 1

customer center

Holy crap, it's been two months of me asking endless questions and getting nowhere, since converting from the desktop to QBO and *NOBODY* TOLD ME ABOUT THESE RESOURCES.  I must have spoken to or had email conversations with 6 or 7 different Quickbooks support and IT people.  Can I say I'm frustrated??  

I still can't find my Reminders, I can't figure out how to order invoices by date, and there seems to be no way to hide inactive customers.  I'm talking customers from ten years ago.  All these inactive customers clog up the view of everything!  What the heck, quickbooks??

Plus many other things that pop up almost every time I log in.  Tasks that used to take 30 seconds on Desktop now take many minutes.  Some tasks or problems I never do figure out how to solve.  Over the course of the day my accounting productivity has tanked.  Horrible, glitchy, non-user-friendly, opaque system you got here.  "Help" has been zero help for weeks, and support wants me to pay another $50 before they will respond to my questions, which is why I'm wandering around the Community trying to get answers to a few things today.  Not expecting much here either!!

Mich_S
QuickBooks Team

customer center

We don't want you to have this kind of experience. I'm here to help you sort things out, @DBSLP.

To make sure everything's covered, let me address your issues one by one.

First, the option to find the Reminders in QuickBooks Online is currently unavailable. However, you'll want to submit feedback to our Product Development Team about bringing in a feature that will allow you to have reminders or calendar notifications in QuickBooks Online. 

Next, you have the option to select the date range of the report you want to view the invoice list from and to:

1. Open the Reports menu.
  2. Search and open from the search bar the specific invoice report you want to view.
  3. Click on Customize, then select the date range.
  4. Once done click Run Report, then Save customization.

Normally, when you view invoices from the Sales tab, you can click on the Date column to arrange the dates from the most recent ones to the old ones.

In addition to that, I'd also like to inform you that there's no option to hide inactive customers across all lists. If they have transactions in the given date range, there is a report that shows them. You can edit your report to show only the customers you want to see as a workaround. Please follow me as I'll demonstrate:

1. Open the Reports menu.
  2. Search the report you want to run.
  3. Hit the Customize button.
  4. Fill in the correct reporting period.
  5. Click on Filter.
  6. Click the dropdown under Customer area, then checkmark selects all checkbox.
  7. Once done, click on Run report.

You'll want to also export the report to Excel and remove inactive customers from there.

Lastly, if you're wanting to turn off notifications from workflow, follow these steps to adjust, turn off, or delete it when logging in to QBO:

1. Go to the Workflows menu. You can also go to the Gear icon and select Manage workflows.
  2. Look for the workflow that you want to deactivate.
  3. Click the drop-down list for Actions select Disable or Delete.

If not, then you'll have to just close the pop-ups every time it appears.

I'm also adding these guides to learn more about handling customers and reports in QBO:

Please keep me updated by replying to this thread. I'll be more than happy to assist you further with this matter or QuickBooks. Take care always!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us