cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

edit date incorporated, accounting method for company in desktop for mac 2019

When I loaded the software I didn't have all the information it asked. Where do I go to add items I skipped: date of incorporation, accounting method used, bank information. This is on Desktop for Mac 2019

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: edit date incorporated, accounting method for company in desktop for mac 2019

Thanks for choosing QuickBooks for Mac 2019 as your accounting partner, @dancingwell.

I can help you add the date of incorporation, the accounting method used, and bank information.

You have the option to set up and enter the skipped fields again after loading the software. Here's how:

1. Click QuickBooks.
  2. Choose Preferences.
  3. On the Preferences window, click My Company.
  4. On the Reporting info section, enter the First month in fiscal year (see the first screenshot).
  5. Go back to Preferences window, click Reporting.
  6. Update the Summary Reports Basis, either by Accrual or Cash (see the second screenshot).
  7. Update other necessary information on the My Company page if necessary.

If you're referring to setting up the bank account, here's how:

1. Click Lists.
  2. Choose Chart of Accounts.
  3. At the bottom, click Plus icon to add an account.
  4. Enter the necessary information and click OK to save it.

That should get you on the right track, dancingwell. For additional reference, you can use the QuickBooks for Mac 2019 manual.

If you're referring to something else, just add a comment below. I'm still here to offer more assistance. Wishing you and your business continued success.