Level 1

how to copy a budget

how do I copy 2018 budget so I don't have to manually create 2019 budget

7 Comments 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

how to copy a budget

Great to see you today, @mway,

That's a great question! I can help you copy your budget reports in QuickBooks Desktop.

This can be done in just a few clicks. Follow the steps below:

1. Go to the Company menu.
  2. Choose Planning & Budgeting.
  3. Choose Setup Budget.
  4. On the Budget drop-down, choose the budget you want to copy.
  5. Make any modifications on the report if necessary.
  6. Click the Create New Budget button then click Next.
  7. Specify the year and the budget type.
  8. Complete the P&L criteria.
  9. Click Next.
  10. Mark the Create budget from previous year's actual data radio button.
  11. Choose Finish.
  12. Click Save then OK.

That should bring forth the monthly totals from last year for each account. You may want to check this article to know more about setting up budgets in QuickBooks Desktop: Create a budget or forecast in QuickBooks Desktop

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm here to help you anytime, @mway. Have a great day!

Anonymous
Not applicable

how to copy a budget

Hi

Is there a way to copy a budget without copying over the actual data? I want 2019's to be exactly the same as what I set up in the beginning 2018. I don't want it to reflect 2018s actual data. But, my only options seem to be "Create Budget from Scratch" and "Create budget from previous years actual data"

JaneD

how to copy a budget

Hi there, Zkaplan.

Allow me to step in and provide a few details with copying a budget in QuickBooks Desktop.

The option of copying a budget from previous year's without the actual data is unavailable. Yes, there are currently only two options so you can copy a budget.

You may consider choosing the Create budget from the previous year's actual data option. This lets you copy an existing budget by using the accounts that you already have and modifying the amount.

As a reference, you can check out this article for further guidance: Create a budget or forecast in QuickBooks Desktop.

We're constantly improving our product's feature to meet our customers' needs. You can always check back for any product updates and feature enhancements through our website.

Here's the link: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/blog/.

If I hear any changes about the option that you're looking for, I will be sure to post the details here in the Community.

That should do it. I'm always around if you have any other concerns. Just make sure to leave a comment below. Have a great day.

RacerX1
Level 1

how to copy a budget

why is there no option to copy last year's BUDGET instead of last year's actuals?

IamjuViel
QuickBooks Team

how to copy a budget

Hello, @RacerX1.

Setting an annual budget can help you to plan your finances so that you always have sufficient funds to cover expected expenses. I understand how beneficial this feature to you and your business. Currently, the ability to copy your last year budget when setting it up in QuickBooks is not available.

Here are the two options available for you:

• Create Budget From Scratch
    • You can manually enter planned expenditures into the budget sheet.
  • Create Budget From Previous Year’s Actual Data
    • QuickBooks will automatically your budget with expenditures and income from the previous fiscal year. This lets you copy an existing budget by using the accounts that you already have and modifying the amount.

You'll want to read this article about budget or forecast in QuickBooks Desktop.

Lastly, you can visit our QuickBooks Blog so you'd updated on the latest feature releases and product updates. 

Get back to us here if you have other questions or concerns.

Treasurer Steve
Level 1

how to copy a budget

This is ridiculous,  Intuit.  Copying a budget without actual data should be a very simple add.  

Archie_B
QuickBooks Team

how to copy a budget

Hello, Treasurer Steve.

We recognize your need for this feature and would love to hear your suggestions.

You can submit your product suggestions within your QuickBooks Online company file. I'll show you how to do it.

Here's how:

1. Go to the Help menu at the top.
  2. Select Send Feedback Online.
  3. Click on Product Suggestions.

Our product engineers will receive and review your suggestions together with the other user requests.

You can also visit this link to learn more about the various reports available in QuickBooks Desktop: Reports.

Feel free to let me know if you have other concerns about budgets or forecasts. I'd be happy to help.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us