cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KimB
Level 2

invoice due dates with greater than 30-dy terms

We have a customer for whom we have net 45 payment terms.  I have set this up in the client set-up page, and the terms automatically show up when I'm preparing an invoice for said customer.  But on the invoice, the due date defaults to "due upon receipt" and also shows up this way on my aged receivables report.  How can I get QB to recognize the 45-day terms AND get it to show the correct due date on the invoice and reports?

Solved
Best answer February 19, 2019

Best Answers
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit and fix the terms record from the terms list so that it is set up properly.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit and fix the terms record from the terms list so that it is set up properly.

KimB
Level 2

Thanks!  This worked, although I had to change the terms in the invoice to net 30, save it, and then back to net 45 before it showed up correctly on the aging report.

Anonymous
Not applicable

RE: This worked, although I had to change the terms in the invoice to net 30, save it, and then back to net 45 before it showed up correctly on the aging report.

Yes, changing an existing terms record does not update any exiting transaction due dates that use the terms. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us