cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doyle1941
Level 1

license

I am trying to change my company address on Quick Books.  I forgot my password for ADMIN.  I chose forgot password and it wanted me to list my license number.  Can't find my license number tried to look up my license number by my phone number.  License number was found but it was sent to an email address that is no longer valid.   Any suggestions?

5 Comments 5
Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

license

Thank you for posting here in the Community, @doyle1941.

I'm here to help reset your password to be able to change company address successfully.

QuickBooks will just ask for a password when you're opening a company file, in this case you may need to suppress the QuickBooks application. First, make sure the QuickBooks program itself is working. Suppressing QuickBooks allows you to see the license number without opening a company file.

To suppress QuickBooks, right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon, press and hold the Ctrl key, then select Open. It's important not to release the Ctrl key until you have the No Company Open window, unless QuickBooks freezes or gives you an error.

For additional reference, you may check this article: Suppress the QuickBooks Desktop application.

Once done, press F2 key to look for your license number under the Product Information. After looking your license number, you may need to continue resetting your password from there.

If the issue persists, I recommend contacting our QuickBooks Support Team to help resetting your password. To contact support:

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number. 

Don't hesitate to add a comment below if you have any other concerns, we're always here to help. Have a good day!

Tracy_MacDonald
Level 1

license

I downloaded Quickbooks Premier 2016 Desktop Version from the website. I need it for one of my college classes, but it does not come with a license or product number. Where can I get those? Otherwise I can't use the program.

JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

license

Hi there, Tracy_MacDonald.

I'm glad you've reached out to us. Let me help and guide you on how to locate your license and product number so you can install your QuickBooks successfully.

On the original product packaging when you purchased your QuickBooks, the license and product number are on a scratch-off stickers located next to the UPC code. You may also received an email confirmation when you purchased the product from Intuit. 

If you still cannot location your installation numbers, you can visit the QuickBooks License Look UP page to retrieve them. 

For additional reference, you can check this article on how to find missing license or product number

You may also visit this article for the detailed steps on how to install QuickBooks Desktop.

If you need further assistance with the installation, I recommend calling our QuickBooks Desktop Support Team. They have the tools to pull up your account and do a remote session. 

Here's how you can contact our phone support: 

1. Click this link: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1501563-contact-quickbooks-desktop-support.
  2. Select the version of QuickBooks, click Contact Us.
  3. Type-in Technical Support on the search bar.
  4. And click Get the Phone number below.

Don't hesitate to leave a comment below if you have any other questions about installing QuickBooks. Have a good one. 

kimgoff
Level 1

license

where do i find my license number for 2019 Pro desk top?

Nick_M
QuickBooks Team

license

Hello, kimgoff. 

I'm happy to help! If you're trying to see what your license number is, all you have to do is press f2 when you're in your product. That will populate a window with your License number. 

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to post them below. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"

Need to get in touch?

Contact us